Monday 30 March 2020

Happy Birthday ....

... Morning! Start of week 2 in our new world of staying at home. I started this card yesterday afternoon/evening - so nice to have light evenings!! Anyway, I finished it this morning. A much needed birthday card for my stash:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Blessed Easter, Itty Bitty Banners, Happy Happenings
Inks: SU - Pumpkin Pie; Memento - Morocco; Gina K - Black Amalgam, Wild Dandelion
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Circles Stax #4; SU - Bitty Banners
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Mango Melody; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush; Copic Markers

I'm playing along with Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#428 and Fab Friday - FABF#186 - such pretty colours.


One of my resolutions this year is to use my older stamps and this card has no new stamps at all. Mind, some of the stamps have only just been used 😁😀😁. I stamped the tulips on white card and coloured them with Copic markers. I used a fancy stitched die to cut out the flowers and adhered it to a panel of bright card and trimmed to size. I adhered it flat to the card base. I stamped the greeting on white card, used the matching die to cut it out and used dimensional pads to attach it. I added a touch of sparkle to the tulips with a clear aquashimmer brush - wish you could see it in the picture! On the inside, I cut a mat layer of the yellow card and on the white panel added a birthday greeting along with some more tulips.


I've finished in my craft room this morning. Now I'm off to sort out the utility room cupboard. It's one of those jobs that always gets put off until tomorrow. Well, now that I'm not allowed out, I can't put it off until tomorrow. Who knows, I might find some loo rolls 😀. This afternoon, Mum and I will be starting her new compost bin. So glad we got it, the local council have stopped garden rubbish collections, so we'll be able to compost it and get good stuff for the new garden. This lockdown is turning me into a gardener! How did that happen?

See you tomorrow.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Beautiful cheerful tulips! I love the CAS layout and that you used a gray for the image instead of black! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Amy O said...

I adore tulips, and yours are gorgeous! I love the bright, happy colors on this pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the orange card and your beautiful tulips, a Spring birthday card to be sure.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Heather said...

Beautiful, Deborah! LOVE your cheery bright tulips, and sweet clean layout. Inside details always thrill me, too, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

Those tulips are beautiful in the bright colors! Love your design. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...