Sunday 15 March 2020

C24C - Season's Greetings ....

... Hello! Time really does seem to be flying by - already the middle of March. I'm here today with a card for our new challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge - C24C#006 where we want to see Christmas trees. I've made a very clean, graphic type of card:


Stamps: Just Rite Stamps - O Christmas Tree; Uniko - Simply Said Christmas, Snowflake Serenade, Christmas Pop
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Lemon Lime Twist, Gumball Green, Mint Macaron; Gina K - Christmas Pine; Versamark
Dies: Spellbinders - Nested Pennants S5-028 # 2
Accessories: White Card; White Embossing Powder; SU Card - Mint Macaron, Lemon Lime Twist, Gumball Green, Emerald Envy

I recently found a new, to me, Christmas challenge, so I'm submitting this card to Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - MLCCB#20, where it's Anything Christmas Goes.


As soon as I saw the prompt for this challenge, I had this idea for a simple card. I found scraps of green card in my stash and stamped the ornate triangles in Versamark, heat embossed with white powder and then cut them out with a triangle Spellbinder die. Using a blending brush, I added a touch of colour at the edges of the trees and wiped the excess of the embossing. I stamped the large word tree directly on the card in dark green ink, and layered the other trees. I used dimensional pads on a couple, but kept it reasonably flat to be easy to mail. I finished the front with a simple greeting to match the dark green tree. On the inside, I stamped a greeting and added another fun tree. This is a tall DL card - it's not a size I use often, but it works well for this card.


Don't forget to visit our blog to check out what the rest of the Design Team have made for the challenge. You have plenty of time to join in the fun! See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Striking card Deborah, it's beautiful.
Faith x

Jacqueline said...

Love this Deborah - so elegant - Jacqueline xx

Cindy said...

Cute card. thanks for sharing with us at Merry Little Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...