Saturday 21 March 2020

C24C - Merry & Bright ....

... Good morning! I spent most of yesterday afternoon playing in my craft room, it's my hiding place, apart from the fact that everyone knows that's where I am!! Anyway, I made a very clean and simple Christmas card:



Stamps: Hero Arts - Stylized Christmas Tree
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Onyx, Sea Glass
Dies: Hero Arts - Stylized Christmas Tree
Accessories: Cream & White Card; SU Card - Calypso Coral; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush; Clear Embossing Powder.

I'm playing along with The Colour Throwdown - CTD#585 and Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#427, and the theme is from our current challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge - C24C#06 where we want to see Christmas Trees.


I stamped the tree on scrap white card, coloured it with Copic markers, restamped in Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder. I used the matching die to cut out the tree. I cut a strip of coral card onto which I stamped the sentiment. I used a clear shimmer brush to add sparkle to the tree, otherwise, I kept it ultra simple. On the inside, I cut a mat of coral card and on the white panel stamped another of the trees from this set and added a simple greeting.


I think this card has quite a retro feel - the colours remind me of my Nanna's house in the late 60s, early 70s. It's a fun design and I think will be used again.  Do visit our Christmas 24 Challenge, you have until the end of March to join in.  That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Amy O said...

I love the fun, non-traditional colors on this cute Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Such a fun tree! Love this great card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...