Monday 16 March 2020

Coffee ....

... Morning! I had a really enjoyable afternoon yesterday, self-isolating in my craft room. We're all fine. Kat is still at school at the moment, but not sure how long it'll be before the Government decides to shut that down. Jonathan works from home, so there's no change to his situation. My local craft group has been closed for a while. So, I made a card just for fun:



Stamps: Stamplorations - Caffeinated Zen 1; Sugar Pea Designs - The Perfect Blend
Inks: Versafine Clair - Pinecone, Acorn
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Early Espresso; Tim Holtz Watercolour Card; Zig Clear Colour Brushes; Staedtler - Aquarell Watercolour Pencils; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm playing along with Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge - HLSWC#03 where it's Anything Goes with the option of Flowers. I'm also joining in with Coffee Loving Cardmakers - CLC#03; this is a challenge that I've been meaning to play along with for ages.


I stamped the lower coffee mug directly on the card using Versafine Clair ink and embossed with clear powder. I used watercolour pencils to colour the flowers on the mug band giving a lovely soft finish. I stamped the other mug on scrap card, embossed it and cut it out. I stamped the band of flowers on watercolour card and used Zig Clean Colour brushes to colour this band, giving a much more vibrant mug band. I attached this mug using dimensional pads. I finished the front with a simple word - "coffee" the best drink in the world, and added shadow under the mugs. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of brown card and on the white panel added a verse - so true, especially at the moment. I also added a coffee tree and some coffee beans.


I know that this is an extremely difficult time for us all, and particularly those who have got friends and family who have got Covid-19. Our village has set up a scheme to help those who really need to isolate by getting shopping, meds, etc and just making sure they're okay. Keep safe. Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card outside and in.
What a great community you have there and full of kindness for people in need.
Faith x

Anna M. said...

Just what I needed to see today! Coffee and flowers - Your card made my day! Beautiful!

Thank you for sharing your work in our Happy Little Stampers watercolor challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next HLS Challenge!.
Anna – Design Team member at Happy Little Stampers

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!

Cazro said...

I love your clever design to decorate your coffee cups. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Waterolour challenge. Caz. DT

Helen said...

Your coffee cups are so bright and happy, Deb! It would make you smile every time you took one of these out of the cupboard! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Watercolour Challenge this month!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Love the bright colors... this one makes my eyes happy! So glad you've played along with us over at the CLC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...