Monday 2 March 2020

One year older ....

... Hello! I hope you've all had a good weekend and are ready for the new month! Yes, it's March already and I don't quite know how that happened so quickly. Oh well, it's time to share another birthday card with you today:


Stamps: Stampendous - Steampunk Shoes; MFT - Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Poppy Parade; Gina K - Black Onyx
Dies: Memory Box - Postage Rectangle Layers #2; Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax #4
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Sakura Stardust Pen; Red Mirri Card

I'm submitting this to two challenges - Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#424 - I do like this sketch; and to Cardz for Galz - C4Glz#116 where the theme is shoes. I don't know how I've missed Cardz for Galz as I've been playing with the companion site Cardz for Guyz for ages!


I've had the Steampunk shoes stamp set for ages, but this is the first time I've actually used it. I think it might make a couple more appearances this year. I stamped the shoes on white card, coloured with Copic markers and a silver Sakura Stardust pen for the metal parts. I added a pop of green for fun. I used a fun edged die to cut out the image and added a matching sentiment. I cut a fishtail flag out of red foil card and attached it to the card. I added a fun birthday sentiment and then adhered the shoe image with dimensional pads. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of bright red card and on the white panel added another fun message, along with some red cogs and some words that relate to the red shoes. My Dorothy is a funky girl!


Today is going to be busy. Kat has to complete her accommodation request form for University of Nottingham, the electrician is coming to work on the garden lights, Jonathan is busy with work, I've got craft club this morning, and tonight Jonathan and I go to camera club. Should be lots of fun. Hopefully, it'll be a nice day too. That's all for now.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Jen Brum said...

This is such a cute card! I just love those boots! What a great sentiment as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Debbie Mageed said...

Very pretty card! Love those shoes and the sentiment made me smile! Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

Cazro said...

Hello, I adore your steampunk boots, great colouring.
Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Galz.
Can you please refer back to the DT Call, click on Here, to get my email link, send me an email, so I can contact you about the DT post. Thanks for your interest.Caz DT/Owner

Helen said...

Fabulous card and I love that sentiment!

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...