Saturday 7 March 2020

52CCT GD - Merry Christmas ....

.... Morning! I was lucky enough to win the February sketch challenge and I'm thrilled to say that I'm the Guest Designer at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week, and it's so nice to be part of the team this week. This week we have a sketch for you, and here's my take:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Yonder Star; Uniko - Simply Said Christmas
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Fruitcake; Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Onyx
Dies: Die-namics - Stitched Fishtail Flag STAX # 1 and 2
Accessories: White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Red Glitter Paper; SU Card - Emerald Envy

Here's the sketch for this week's challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT09-20:


As you can see I have been very faithful to the sketch. I used one of my favourite Christmas sets from Waltzingmouse Stamps (sadly closed), along with my favourite inks. This card is quite clean and simple but you have to have sparkle at Christmas so I added the glitter flag. I stamped the star on white card, then overstamped with the outline stamp which I heat embossed with clear powder. I carefully cut out the star. I used the two smaller stars in the stamp set to add the little details. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of dark green card and on the white panel stamped the solid star again, and overstamped with a bold greeting. I took a close-up of the star - so pretty! There's a slightly Western feel to the card.


Have fun with the sketch, I look forward to seeing your creations. Thanks again to the 52CCT Design Team for picking my card and inviting me to join them this week. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Fabiola said...

c'est une superbe carte Deborah, si luxueuse et scintillante, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, au plaisir de te revoir, biz

A.Rose said...

Spectacular card. Love the multiple colors on the snowflake. Thanks so much for being a guest designer with us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super card Deborah, love the front and the insert and the star.
Faith x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...