Monday 23 March 2020

Peace, Love, Joy ...

.... Hello! It's a beautiful day here in Northop Hall. The sky is blue with very few clouds, the sun is shining, the birds are singing. It is, however, absolutely freezing! It's a strange day. I normally have mum and Jonathan at home with me, but today Kat is here too. She's sitting in the kitchen working on some essays for school. I've been making a Christmas card 😊😁 Here it is:


Stamps: Uniko - Pure Florals Poinsettia; Stampin' Up! - Star of Light; MFT - Musical Notes Background
Inks: Delicata - Golden Glitz; Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Amalgam; SU - Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Cherry Cobbler; Copic Markers; Gold Glitter

I'm submitting this card to CAS Christmas Card Challenge - CASX#03 where they want Winter Flowers, and to Jingle Belles - JB:20:06 where they want Christmas Music.


I stamped the background with some musical notes in a soft gold ink. This is one of my favourite poinsettia images, stamped on white card and coloured with Copic markers. Once coloured, I restamped in Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder for a clean, crisp image. I fussy cut it and added some gold glitter to the centre. I adhered it flat to the front of the card and added a greeting. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of dark red card and added a greeting to the white panel.


I've realised that this is probably not nearly CAS enough for the Winter Flower challenge, but I'm going to play along anyway - I think it's pretty!

I think that's it for crafting today. With the weather being as bright (if cold) as it is, I'm going into the garden to sort out the garden shed! See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Gorgeous card Deborah, love the music background and your colouring.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Poinsettia, gorgeous colours and love the musical score behind. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

Lorraine said...

Great image against that musical background.

Loll said...

Beautiful poinsettia card with wonderful watercolouring, Deborah! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

lauren bergold said...

love that gorgeous poinsettia... and i'm pretty sure you just enabled me into the fabulous MFT music background! thanks for FA-LA-LA-ing along with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...