Saturday 14 March 2020

Happy Birthday ....

.... Wow! This weekend has come around so fast! I guess when you're busy, time just flies by. I'm here this morning with a birthday card that I made for my nephew. The card I shared yesterday was the one that my mum picked to send to her great-grandson, and this is the one we sent:


Stamps: Hero Arts - Line & Dot Pattern; My Mind's Eye - Boy Crazy; Whimsey - Bold Statements
Inks: Delicata - Golden Glitz; Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Onyx, Red Velvet
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush; Wink of Stella - Gold; Clear Embossing Powder; Glossy Accents

I'm submitting this card to The Male Room - TMR#131 where the theme is Team Colours. I've picked the home strip for Manchester United - red, black, gold and white. I'm also playing along with Time Out Challenge - TOC#157 where the theme is birthday with the option of die cut/fussy cut.


My nephew is 8 today. I wanted to make a fun card and found this super robot image in my stash.  I stamped the image, coloured it with Copic markers, restamped with Versafine and then heat embossed with clear powder, and then fussy cut out the image. I used a gold shimmer brush to colour the bolts and buttons on the robot, and used a clear shimmer brush for the rest of the robot. I stamped the background in soft gold as it reminded me of a circuit board, perfect to pair with a robot. I finished the front by stamping the greeting in the two main colours of Man U's home strip. On the inside, I stamped a fun greeting and added some cogs.


I hope that all my friends are keeping safe. Take care of yourselves. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Doesn't matter what age, any "little" boy would love this. Again with both my hats on - Thank you so much for joining us in our Team Colours challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT

Linby said...

A great card and I love the sentiment inside.
Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
Lynn x

Jill V said...

Great card - I love the combination of that adorable robot with the retro background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...