Thursday 19 March 2020

Floral Circle ....

... Morning! With all of life's craziness, spending some time in my craft room really helps me to keep grounded, keep sane. I made a card this morning for my mother-in-law:


Stamps: Altenew - Hello Sunshine; Uniko - Background Builders Vines, Background Builders Vine Winter Additions, Simply Said; Lawn Fawn - Happy Happy Happy
Inks: Gina K - Passionate Pink, Red Velvet, Soft Stone, Black Amalgam
Dies: Die-namics - Cross-Stitched Circle Stax # 2 & #3
Accessories: White Card; SU DP - Smoky Slate; Vellum

I'm submitting this card to Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#180 where the key word is Circle, Less is More - LIM#415 to use red, raspberry and grey, and to Cardz for Galz - C4Glz#117 where they want Spring Flowers. Now, in my head this was really clean and simple, but it's turned out to be a little less CAS, I'm still playing along though!!


I used my MISTI and Gina K wreath builder stencil to create the wreath of spring flowers. I used cross-stitch edged circle die to cut the vellum and four white circles.  I stamped the greeting on the top circle and layered the other white circles to give some depth. I layered the stamped panel on soft grey floral design paper and adhered the whole panel to the front of the card. On the inside, I cut another mat of grey floral paper and added a simple greeting and some more flowers. 


I'm safe to share this card here as my mother-in-law doesn't do computers, so she won't see it until the card arrives this weekend. We spoke to her and my FIL yesterday, they are keeping well and self-isolating. My MIL says all is good she has plenty to keep her occupied in her garden.

I know that things are changing almost hourly now, and our new world reality is quite scary, but we will get through this. Look after yourself and your family, keep in touch with family and friends and find ways to keep occupied. My daughter has said she can read for pleasure now! Take care, that's all for now.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

What a lovely mother's day card. Very sharp and clean looking. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Bobby said...

I knew you used the wreath builder the minute I saw your card, Deborah, and I love the images and colors you used to make it. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card. The flowers are gorgeous and the patterned paper is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

sue n.

Jaydee said...

Couldn't agree more about escaping to the craft room and how it keeps me sane! Such a lovely Mother's day card. So glad you joined us at AtCAS this week
Jaydee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...