Wednesday 11 March 2020

SHC - You're Amazing ....

.... Good morning! I've been bursting to share a secret - I am now a member of Tara's design team at Seven Hills Crafts - I'm delighted to be joining such a talented team.  Do visit the SHC blog to see my first post. I've made a card for my mum:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Flower Patch Turnabout
Inks: Gina K - Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Lipstick, Cherry Red, Black Onyx
Dies: Concord & 9th - Flower Patch Dies; Die-namics - A2 Stitched Rectangles Set 1 #8, A2 Stitched Rectangles Set 2 #9
Accessories: White Card; SU! Card - Black; Vellum from stash

I'm submitting this card to The Flower Challenge - TFC#42 where it's Anything Goes.


I picked red for this card as it's my mum's favourite colour, and she's look wonderful in red. I used my MISTI to stamp the images starting with the palest and finishing with the darkest red. I used stitch edged dies to cut the mat panel and main background panel, and adhered them to the front of the card. I used the matching flower die to cut a white panel for the words - "to my beautiful" is a separate stamp and you can use other words such as sister or friend to complete the greeting. Obviously, as this is for my mum, mother was appropriate. I found some lovely vellum in my stash and cut another couple of flowers as well as some green leaves. On the inside, I cut a mat of black card and added a simple greeting. I also used some of the smaller stamps from the set to add some more red flowers.


This is not a mother's day card, although it could be. I made this for mum, just because. We have been having the back garden redesigned to make it better for mum. It is designed to be a sensory garden with colour, sound and fragrance, to help mum as her vision is not good. So I thought this would be my way of saying thank you to her. I get the benefit of the garden too.

That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Congratulations on your DT Deborah. I love your red card, it's beautiful and I'm sure your Mum will love it too.
Faith x

Shona Chambers said...

How exciting, congratulations on your new DT position, always so hard to keep that sort of thing a secret!! I think your card is so beautiful and really love how you stamped the floral images in different tones and the touches of green finish it off beautifully. How wonderful to make a garden your Mum can enjoy. I garden for a living and can't imagine not being able to see the flowers. There are so many that feel incredible and smell amazing, would love to see some pictures when your finished. Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and please stay safe!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...