Friday 27 March 2020

MM - Covid-19 ...

.... Good afternoon! It's a beautiful day here in Northop Hall and in normal circumstances I would be going out for a walk, but it's not normal and I've already done my daily exercise. So, I've been working on a spread in my art journal. You've probably guessed by the title of this post that my spread has been inspired by the Covid-19 pandemic.


Stamps: Dylusions - Graphic Backgrounds, Toadstool Town, Say It How It Is, Basic Background, Branching Out, There's Not Mushroom in Here; Dylusions Clear Stamps - Numerology, Creative Dyary Stamps, Others (from the USA)
Inks: Dylusions Sprays - Lemon Zest, Fresh Lime, London Blue; Ranger Black Archival; Gina K - Black Amalgam; Versafine Clair - Golden Meadow
Accessories: Dylusions Large Journal; Dylusions Collage Sheets; Dylusions Paint - Black Marble, Lemon Zest; Copic Markers; Posca Markers; Dylusions Stencils - Bubbles, A Stitch in Time; Joggles Stencil - Starlight; Images from the Internet

I'm submitting this spread to More Mixed Media Challenge - MMMC#03 (anything goes with option of green), Addicted to Stamps and More - ATSM#382 (make your mark) and Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#44 (anything goes). I'm also playing along with the Dylusions Facebook Challenge March.


With all that's been going on with Covid-19, I wanted to get it out and on paper. Going through my art journals I found a pre-inked and stamped background spread using yellow, green, a touch of blue, and leaves - the perfect spread for the Facebook challenge. I'd already ghosted the page with a Joggles stencil, and I outlined a couple of the stars with black paint pen. I added a black stencil border to the areas that didn't have any leaves. I used some Dylusions background stamps to add some detail. I found a biohazard symbol on the Internet and printed off a few along with some words. I went through the collage images (all previously cut out) and found some that worked with the challenge theme, but also seemed perfect for the pandemic idea too. I stamped out a selection of different mushrooms, coloured them with Copic markers - some red and lots of shades of yellow - all suggesting danger/toxicity and cut them out. I created a hidden pocket on the spread for a tag. I painted the tag bright yellow, used the alphabet stamps to spell out "covid 19" and added some typed notes that I created on the computer. And I found the perfect quote from Dyan's word stamps "I am exhausted by how stupid everyone is getting" - mainly those that seem to think it's a good idea to stockpile loo rolls and pasta!!  Here are some larger photos of each page:


I've also taken photos of the tag - back and front. The data comes from various sources on the Internet - mostly the World Health Organisation and Public Health England.


I'm not sure that I've worked out all the anxiety and worry, and this theme may make another appearance in my journal, but it's helped for now. That's all - be safe and stay indoors.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow. A unique project with lots of details. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...