Thursday 26 March 2020

C4Glz - Keep Calm & Read ....

.... Hello! I am delighted to say that I am now a member of the Design Team for Cardz 4 Galz - a challenge to make any kind of papercraft project for all your female relations and friends. Our challenge for the next couple of weeks is "Cute Animals", here's my card:


Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Bookworm Additions, Colour Chameleon; Sweet 'n' Sassy - Bookmark Bits 'n' Pieces
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Amalgam
Dies: Clearly Besotted - Bookworm
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush; Glossy Accents; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm playing along with Just Us Girls - JUGS#528 colours, and with Perfectly CAS - PCAS#07 to use die-cuts. Our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz - C4Glz#118 is CUTE ANIMALS.


 I was going through my stamps and saw this adorable bookworm and I had to use him.  I stamped "Booky" on white card, coloured him with Copic markers, heat embossed with clear powder and cut him out with the matching die.  I added some clear sparkle and used Glossy Accents on the lenses in his specs. I used a stamp from Sweet 'n' Sassy for the books, stamped it a number of times, coloured with markers and heat embossed with clear powder. There are only two books on the stamps, so I simply piled them up to create "Booky's" seat. To create the sentiment I used stamps from different sets and had to cut out the word 'read'. I used dimensional pads to attach the bookworm and leaning book. On the inside I stamped a quote which, I think, really resonates with the very strange time that we're living in right now.


I used some of the left over books for the inside too. I took a close-up photo of "Booky" to show the sparkle and the shine on his lenses:


Don't forget to go over and visit Cardz 4 Galz to see what the rest of the team have made.  That's all for today.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

Misti said...

This is so cute!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This guy is awesome [your coloring helps :)]-- perfect card for this time of craziness. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Deborah, you totally nailed the theme with this very cute bookworm! I really love the detail you added to him! Yes, let's read (or craft) during this very uncertain time. Have a great weekend!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Love this make hun, I love reading.
Hugs Shell xx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fabulous card Deborah - and it most definitely resonates! Congratulations on your win at Just Us Girls :)
Hope you and your family are keeping safe and well. Vicky x

Leslie Larkin said...

Love the card and cute worm! He really fit our criteria of "cute animals".

Sue - said...

What a great design for this difficult time in the world. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Cas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...