Monday 2 March 2020

Happy Birthday ...

... Hello again! I hope your day is going well. I've had a busy morning - laundry, shopping, taxi service for daughter, etc. And I've also managed to grab sometime upstairs to play. Here's a very clean, simple birthday card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Frame It; Funstamps - 3D Flower 2 FF68
Inks: Gina K Amalgam - Black
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Nuvo Aquashimmer Brush

I made this card for the following challenges - Colour Throwdown - CTD#582 and Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#179 where the theme is symmetry.


One of my resolutions this year is to use my older stamp sets, and this card uses two sets. The frame and sentiment are from Waltzingmouse Stamps, always one of my favourite companies. The flower is from a set that I got from QVC and works perfectly for the symmetry theme. I stamped the frame and sentiment directly on the card. I stamped the flower in the centre of the square and again on scrap card. I used Copic markers to colour the flower and then cut out layers. I added some sparkle to the pink and kraft layers with a clear Aquashimmer brush. On the inside I stamped a cute little cupcake, coloured to match the flower. There's plenty of space for my message. I took a close-up photo of the flower to show the subtle sparkle.


That's all for now - must get the laundry put away. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

"Simply" Beautiful Deborah.
Faith x

Broni said...

I love the CAS style! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown!

Vicky Hayes said...

I always loved the cards you made with Waltzing Mouse stamps when I was a SU demo Deborah, so when I came back to crafting and had the time to explore other stamps, it was one of the first companies I looked up. Sadly Clare had already packed up and gone to Gina K. Lovely to see you giving those older stamps some love and this frame stamp is as fresh as the day it was designed! Love the flower too and bet it's even more shimmery in real life.
Vicky x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...