Friday 20 March 2020

Happy Crafting ....

... Hi! I'm listening to Radio 2, Zoe Ball's show, as I type this. It is full of music, laughter, joy and fun - all so needed during this time of uncertainty. I've made a card that makes me feel calm and is one of my ways of keeping sane:


Stamps: Altenew - Painted Butterflies, Botanical Garden, Crafty Friends; Waltzingmouse Stamps - Gingham & Co
Inks: Gina K - Lemon Drop, Wild Dandelion, Powder Blue, Innocent Pink, Passionate Pink, Black Amalgam; Memento - Summer Sky
Dies: Altenew - Painted Butterflies
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Black; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#362, such lovely colours this week, also to Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#489 to use Butterflies, and to Addicted to Stamps and More - ATSM#381 where it's Anything Goes.


I used my MISTI (so helpful when layering images) and scraps of white card for the butterflies, and cut them out with the matching dies. I masked the top of the card and stamped a pretty ombre gingham rainbow across the bottom. I stamped the outline flower image in bold black and added the sentiment. I finished the front by adhering a thin black border to ground the flower and used dimensional pads to attach the butterflies. I also added some shimmer to the butterflies wings with a clear aquashimmer brush. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel stamped another gingham strip and a bold sentiment.


I love the light, spring-like feeling in this card and it's very much like our new back garden. The flowers have all established well and lots of new growth is showing. I'll share pictures of the garden soon.

One of my great joys is being able to go out with family and friends. However, for the foreseeable future, this isn't happening. So, I'm planning to keep touch with folk by posting out the cards I make!! And, of course, calling to talk - it's not the same as being face to face, but it all helps. Be safe.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So VERY pretty Deborah.
Faith x

Lucille K said...

Such a beautiful Spring card, thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations :)

Susan Renshaw said...

This is lovely!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...