Saturday 19 October 2013

Christmas bling ....

... Hello everyone.  This morning I'm combining my post for 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge.  Our challenge at 52CCT is to "Bling it Up!" and I designed the sketch for our WMSFC#4 - note to self, make it easier!!  Here's what I made:


Stamps:  WMS - Nutcracker Sweet; My Favourite Things - Grand Holiday Greetings
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler; Distress - Antique Linen
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 14 (S4-290) # 4 & 5, A2 Curved Borders One (S5-180)
Accessories:  SU Card - Cherry Cobbler; Hot of the Press DP - Forever Christmas Stack; White Lustre Card; Want 2 Scrap Nestabling - Labels 14 Crystal; Gems; Copics



I got the idea for the colours from the design paper - I like the musical score.  Working out how to get the smooth curve drove me nuts (sorry, I know it's my sketch, but I didn't think it through).  Then I remembered that I had the curve dies from Spellbinders - so much easier than freehand!!!  I cut the backing label in cherry card and added the Nestabling crystals - a perfect frame for a Christmas Prince!  I stamped the image onto white card, coloured with Copics (see photo below), die cut and sponged on some colour.  I finished the front with a simple sentiment and a few little snowflakes - all with added gems.  For the inside I cut a mat layer of cherry card, stamped the image of the Prince again and a swag at the top and finished with a bold sentiment.


You must check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the 52CCT design team - they have gone to town on bling.  Don't forget to check out Tara's card for Waltzingmouse Fanatics.  I'm looking forward to seeing your creations for both challenges, whether you choose to combine them as I did, or go for separate cards!


Looks like our Indian Summer is over - the temperatures have dropped quite a lot since the middle of the week.  But whatever the weather with you, have a great weekend.  See you soon.

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful xmas card Deb, love the sprakle off the gems, and lovely colouring of the Nutcracker!

Tara Cardwell said...

Fabulous card - I love the ring of bling :-D
Tara
x

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a sweet nutcracker and your coloring, simply beautiful.

Mynn xx said...

LOVE that fun image, Deb! The coloring is amazing, too, and love the rhinestone bling! HUGS and have a great rest of the weekend! :)

Jackie said...

OMG, I have missed so many of your fabulous cards while I have been awol. I am playing catchup once again :o)
Jackie xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Nutcrackers are one of my favorite decorations around the house at Christmas time. Gorgeous bling around the image and I really like your sketch a lot! The way you did the music is very creative (I can see though that it might not have been easy peasy :o). Hugs D

Jacqueline said...

What a lovely image - perfect for Christmas - love the blingy border too! - Jacqueline xx

Patricia Hays said...

I really like all the interesting curves of the labels and the musical score paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...