Sunday 1 January 2012

CR84FN45 - Happy New Year .....

..... Happy New Year to you all!  It's so nice that our new CR84FN challenge starts on New Year's Day - we're a year old today!  So double celebrations!!!  Our colours for CR84FN45 are bright and vibrant - medium blue, orange and yellow - perfect to brighten up the darker days of winter.  I picked the colours for this challenge - based on some photos that I took while on holiday in Mumbai last year and at a music festival. 


While in India I purchased some lovely handmade paper in which is absolutely perfect for this challenge.  I've used it to make the base layer of the card.  To make the topper for my card I started by creating the number "2012" on my computer and filling the numbers with a gradient of colour orange to yellow and then cutting it out with my new star circle nestie.  While still in the die I inked around the number with shades of blue.  I used my nesties to cut a couple of layers in orange and yellow which I glued together to form a "sun" and onto which I attach the date!  That's it a clean and simple design to welcome the New Year.


Digi-image:  Date from computer filled with gradient orange to yellow
Inks:  Distress - Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Spellbinders:  Lotus Pendant (S4-269), Star Circles (S4-335) #3
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! Card - Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie; Handmade paper from India

I know that the rest of the DT have some wonderful cards to share with you today - so do check out their blogs:


I'm really looking forward to seeing your creations with these colours - enjoy!!  You've got two whole weeks to play!

Wishing you all a very
Happy, Healthy and Creative New Year!

Picture - from Getty Images

Whatever you do to welcome in the New Year, have a great day!  We always have a quiet New Year's Eve, but have an Open House at our place today - a lovely time to spend with friends for drinks, nibbles, conversation, laughter, fun and love - a super day.

See you tomorrow!

22 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Deborah. What a beautfilu selection of cardsd while I have been AWOL :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

Happy new year Deborah!

Lovely colours, so fresh and warm, and your card is perfect with these colours!

Enjoy your day!

Viv said...

Terrific card! And Happy New Year!

Kelly S. said...

Ohhh that's perfect for today, Deborah! It's like a New Year's firework in the night sky...love the handmade paper and the gorgeous layering of the die cuts. What an awesome inspiration photo you chose for us, so excited to try it out myself. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :)

Sue said...

Happy new year Deborah form another awoll blogger and agree some fantastic cards on here that ive missed love the nordic style ones especially the houses hope to get back into things very soon have a great day Luv Sue x

G Peplow said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, I hope that 2012 brings you peace prosperity and lots of happy times, Gay xxx

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun and fabulous card Deb! Lovin' all the layered doilies! Thanks for sharing your awesome photos with us :) Happy New Year!

Marta said...

Happy New year Deborah.
Your card is absolutely beautiful,
the colors are perfect for this occasion.

Tara Cardwell said...

Happy New Year Deborah - what a fab card.
Tara x

Archana said...

Hi Deborah, Just wanted to say thanks a lot for this challenge.
I am from Mumbai, living in NC from long time and its been almost 4 years I couldn't get a chance to visit my country, home and parents. I was so emotional when I saw the challenge. I hope you liked your stay in Mumbai and have some good memories.
Happy New Year!

Buffy said...

Happy New Year Debs
Hugs and kisses for you all
Buf and Mawgy xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Hope you've had a good day.
I love that star circles die & your pairing it with the Lotus Pendant - I'll have to look out for those.
The colours are an amazing combination.
Paula (PEP)

Unknown said...

So beautiful and fun, Deb! Love that handmade background paper! Thanks for sharing your fabulous photos with us! Happy New Year!

Suzanne C said...

Happy New Year! A prosperous, healthy and creative new year to you! Beautiful background paper and wonderful photos for our challenge. Lovely card!

Heidi said...

Happy New Year Deborah! Your card is beautiful! The sun is so striking around the 2012!

Sue Lelli said...

Happy New Year, Deb! No wonder you picked these colors when you had the PERFECT paper in your stash!! LOL! LOVE the star nestie and the colors behind! THX for the inspirational photos!

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely stunning Deborah! Love that paper. Happy New Year!
Hugs~

Lisa Elton said...

So festive and perfect for the New Year Deborah! I can see the fireworks and hears all of the horns blowing! Very fun.

Vickie Z said...

Love how you used these colors!!! Fabulous use of papers you picked up on vacay!!!! Dies and 2012 are perfect!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab card to ring in the New Year - beautiful paper find!

Cyndie said...

Great choice of colors, Deb, and I love what you have done with them! The layering of the die cuts along with that cool background paper and the subtle shading of the stamping is just wonderful.

Shannon White said...

Wowzers Miss Deb Is this ever Pretty! Love your Fabulous BG paper and the Beautiful Star Nesties Mats! Just Fabulous! 8-)

Wishing you and your family a Very Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!

Hugs
Shannon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...