Friday 3 December 2010

Treat boxes ....

... or goodie bags - those were the instructions for the challenge set at Creative Card Crew - they want to see all those little boxes and bags into which we store surprises!! 

So I made some for fun - and to try out a template for a box that I got from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  This is a really simple rubber band box - but has so many uses!  I printed the template onto the back of my card and then printed the paper on the other side.  The papers were designed by Glenda Waterworth and come from her double CD set - Season's Greetings.  I have a hard time selecting my favourite design, but the holly leaves are close to the top!!  As these are Christmas Treat Boxes I added a little bling by using Martha Stewart Glitters.






Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Around Christmastime; Template - Rubber band box
Papers: Artylicious - Season's Greetings
Glitter: Martha Stewart - Garnet, Onyx
Inks:  Brilliance - Pearlescent Ivy, Rocket Red, Graphite Black
Embossing Powder:  Stampendous - Detail Clear

I think I may put these under the tree for some special young people!!

And now that I've finished that challenge - I really better get on with the ironing.  I think the pile is now about 3 feet high!!  Have I mentioned that I hate ironing?  I think I may have.  Oh well, it's no good I really will have to get it done - if only so that I've got some ironed tops!!  It's such a shame that such mundane things drag us away from crafting :))) 

After that I have to prepare for Scouts this evening.  I'm not sure how many will come tonight - it's still very cold here, although not too much snow.  We'll see - we've a fun evening in store.  See you tomorrow.

9 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hello there, love your boxes, brilliant idea and Glenda's papers are wonderful I have to agree. Good luck with the ironing, I find loud music helps:0) xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I marvel at your use of the computer with crafting. As to ironing - my husband does not like the way I do it so it doesn't matter how often I start to it he will take over, unless the shirts are mine. As for doing the washing up - with our high worktops (Richard wanted THICK wooden counters) I have to stand on tip toe - hence he does the washing up & I dry - the floor stays drier that way!!! & so do I.
Love these boxes - shall go investigate.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh these are gorgeous! The green holly leaves paper is definitely my favourite.

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous boxes Deborah, Love the sentiments.

Donna x

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable boxes and beautifully done! I am right with you on the ironing. In fact, if it has to be ironed I don't buy it!

Jackie said...

Very pretty boxes, with different papers would be suitable all year round :o)
Jackie xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Great job making these treat boxes Deb! I love how you made them using various colors.

Bonnie said...

I love these little rubber band boxes! You have done them up so pretty - and what is ironing?

Christina said...

These are such darling little boxes! I can just imagine the delight on a child's face while opening one to see what treats are waiting inside. I especially like the blue paper, but they are all so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...