Sunday 12 December 2010

Busy, busy, busy ....

... in my craftroom - I've had such fun this today!!!  I've done four challenge cards - it's been great.  So the challenges I've been working on are:

  1. The Play Date Colour Challenge 59 - PDCC59
  2. Flutter by Wednesday - FBW134 - usual rules must feature either angel, butterfly or fairy
  3. Stamping with Brenda - Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge - SWB-CAS-1
  4. Cupcake Creations - CR84FN7













SWB-CAS-1

So my first card is for PDCC59 and FBW134 - I just love the colours for this week's Play Date Challenge - who doesn't love purple and blue?  And I had the perfect stamp set for the angel - it's not one I've used much, but it is ever so sweet.  The set comes from Waltzingmouse Stamps and is Earth Angel - lots of lovely images and sentiments. 




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Teeny Trees, Earth Angel
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Grape Jelly
Accessories:  Backing paper and dress - free with one of the magazines; Fantasy film from stash

The next card is for Brenda's challenge - this is a new challenge that she's just started.  So I thought I'd have a go - it's a nice simple sketch and I need some inspiration.   I kept this one really simple.  I had a really bold and bright piece of ribbon in my stash, so I found some red card which I ran through my Cuttlebug, used the snowflakes folder and then punched out a Christmas Bauble using the Stampin' Up! punch.  This is such a useful punch - and I love it!!  I added some silver ribbon to the bauble.  The frame and greeting were stamped before I stuck down the bauble.   So here's my card (apologies for the slight blur in the picture - the card was scanned).



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Frame It
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Cuttlebug snowflakes folder;  Stampin' Up! - Bauble punch; Ribbon - from stash

Finally, I've been really quick off the mark with a card for Mona's CR84FN7 challenge.  She only posted this challenge today!!  I'm back to my favourite stamps - Nutcracker Sweet!!  That Prince is on lots of my cards - but it's such a fun stamp.  Brown is not a colour I use much (never really liked it too much), but with coral and tan - it works!!  Who knew??  I made a gatefold card for a change and used mulberry paper and glitter paper for the gatefolds.  The card is held together with the ribbon.




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nutcracker Sweet, Teeny Trees
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa;  Distress - Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo
Spellbinders:  Mega Ovals - both plain and scalloped
Accessories:  Ribbon from stash;  Glitter paper and mulberry paper from stash

I think that's probably all I'm going to post today.  In between cards, I've managed to get several loads of washing done, but I still need to do a bit of housework and get dinner ready for us all.

I'll be back again tomorrow - do come by again.  Be safe!

14 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Deb! ALL of these cards are awesome! You did an amazing job coloring that beautiful Nutcracker! Great take on this week's colors. Thank you for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

Tracey said...

WOW!!! You sure have been very productive Deb!!! All your cards are lovely!!!!!

Bonnie said...

Oh! These are all so fabulous! love the purples and blues - just wonderfully colourful!!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful cards Deborah! Especially love the blue earth angel!

Jackie said...

Fantastic cards, the red one is my favourite :o)
Jackie xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I've forgotten how many times I've come to this post of yours - ended up having quite a journey to the challenges you linked up with & finally a migraine stopped my commenting at 3.30am this morning! Here I am finally! Love the way you've put the Earth Spirit card together using the pattern in the paper & making her a butterfly fairy. My favourite has to be that red babule though - just the dynamism of it. I can't get over how different tbese 3 are including what you've done with Nutcracker - he looks like one of those medieval knights in this one.
Have a good day.
Paula (PEP)

Chris said...

Fabulous cards, Deborah. I'm totally in love with that red ribbon! And your Nutcracker Prince looks so charming in the brown shades.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Hey Deborah,

Wanted to stop in and say thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving such a lovely comment. Your entry for the PDCC is fabulous too. Those snowflakes are gorgeous and I love how you carried it into the angel's dress.

Ruby said...

What a pretty entry! I love how you've done the background with snowflakes. Thanks for joining in on the fun with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Stella said...

You've been busy....And the results are fabulous. My favorite is that card for PDCC; it's stunning!

Wishcraft said...

They're all fab cards - my favourite is the red bauble, it's gorgeous! Lisa x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH WOW! LOVE this Christmas card--this color combo is perfect for a holiday card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the color story over at the PDCC:}

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderful cards! Great job with Play Date's color story, that angel is darling! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful! I love what you did with all the challenges but I have to admit that I'm partial to the one you did for mine. Thanks for playing Stamping With Brenda Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge!

Hope you have an opportunity to enter my second CAS challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...