Thursday 2 December 2010

Busy, busy, busy ...

... but not with crafting, sadly!!  I've been catching up with all the household admin, tidying, cleaning, etc.  Still have a bit to do though.

So I thought I'd go back to a card I made before I started this blog.  Last year my Mum celebrated her 70th birthday, so I had to make her a really special card.  Now she absolutely loves her garden and flowers, particularly the very spectacular agapanthus.  It's a stunning flower so that was the basis for her card.  I kept it reasonably simple.  I stamped the single agapanthus randomly on the background, and added some modern swirls in silver embossing.  The main image was stamped and cut out using my nesties and layered.
It was a large card - almost A4 in size.




 That's all for now - I'm off for a well earned coffee!!  See you all tomorrow.


7 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, what a lovely card. The stamp is gorgeous and you've used it so creatively. the background is beautiful. I think you definately deserve a coffee after all the housework etc.

Donna x

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the colours - your Mum sounds a bit like mine - she too loved the garden. The agapanthus is such a delightful image & I love your inventive combination with the swirls. I definitely need an agapanthus stamp - know I've seen one somewhere, think it's PB - off to have a look. Sounds like you've been incredibly busy - somehow our washbin was overfloweing - so did a mammoth iron over the weekend.
Paula (PEP)

Paula (PEP) said...

Great - found them - Stampendous not PB - knew it was vaguely familiar & Stampendous is one of my haunts...... they stamp brilliantly.
Paula (PEP)

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, this is my favourite of 3 agapanthus stamps that I have :o)
Jackie xx

MANSI said...

hi Deborah!!loved your stamp...PP is gr8 too.thanx for stopping by my blog.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely, thoughtful card. I love the blue and silver colour combo.

Kristi said...

Lovely card Deborah! I'm sure your mom will be thrilled!

Don't you just hate having to do housework when you'd rather be crafting?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...