Monday 20 December 2010

Cards posted, shopping finished ...

... and now all that's left for me to do is wrap the presents and hand deliver cards to the people in my village.  It's too late to do the cards today - it's dark now and freezing cold, currently about -8C (17.5F). 

Jonathan and I finished writing our Christmas messages about 1am this morning and I took 70 cards to the Post Office this morning - all being well, people should start receiving them tomorrow.  However, that is very much dependent on the weather.  We've been so lucky in our village - there's some snow and ice about, but nowhere near the amount that has fallen in some places.  And we are able to get about - we are so lucky.

Anyway, this is just a quick post to show a few of the cards I did yesterday - I made 35 in all!!  I was shattered.  I don't think I'm going to get them all on here, but in the New Year, I'll post this year's cards onto my Flickr accout.  I kept the cards really clean and simple and, more importantly, one layer as they are easier to send through the post.  The stamps used are either from Waltzingmouse or Stampin' Up!, with Distress and Memento inks.  I've based them on the designs I did for the OLW24 challenge; they were very successful.








That's all for today.  I'm off to my craftroom to mount some photos for Jonathan - he's entering them into the Camera Club competition; results next year.  Do drop by again tomorrow - I hope to have a couple of challenge cards - not Christmas related!!!

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful cards for the holidays!!!
Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
Lynn

Vicky Hayes said...

Very organised Deborah! Love the latest bouquet of cards - numbers 2 and 4 are my favourites!

Janelle said...

Congrats on having your cards finished and posted! Smart to keep them to one layer -- makes it so much easier through the mail. Love the holly around the edges of the first card. And the pine cone card is fabulously simple, but with such dimension in the coloring of the pine needles. Great!

Donna Mosley said...

Wowee Deborah, you have been busy, love this latest batch, my favourite is the snowflake one in the middle.

Donna x

G Peplow said...

WOW great cards, fancy, 35 in 1 day that's a bit of a challenge. Have a happy Christmas:0) xx

Clare said...

Wonderful card collection, love the variations!

Unknown said...

beautiful cards

Norma said...

WOW!!!Deborah you are a busy gal!!! Love all the cards just lovely!!!

Paula (PEP) said...

The first two are my favourites here - the first won the no 1 spot swiftly followed by the pine cones. Well done on getting it all completed. off to investigate OLW - isn't it amazing how useful & true "Less Is More" is?
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Jackie said...

Great cards, I do love your simple style :o)
Jackie xx

Mim said...

Lovely! My eye was caught in particular, by the mistletoe on the dark card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...