Wednesday 29 December 2010

Winter wonderland ...

... that was Chester this evening!!  We went into town to see the Big Wheel - and it was beautiful!!  The evening was much warmer than it has been recently, so it was quite pleasant to be out and about.  However, it did get increasingly foggy - the upside being that the photos all have a lovely soft glow to them.

The whole family went and we had such fun.  Ben and Kathryn went on the ice rink - there were a few tumbles, but nothing serious.  Jonathan took lots of photos - as was the plan, as it was a Camera Club evening out.  I also had a go at some pictures - mine are not too bad.  We also walked along the river - there were still lumps of ice on it!! 


A Nutcracker Prince!!  And my family - Kathryn, Ben and Jonathan.

I have a thing for Nutcracker Princes - they are just fab!!

The Big Wheel - looking magical - so beautiful!

We are all absolutely shattered, and I think we may have a lie in tomorrow!!  However, I do plan on getting into my craft room and working on some challenges.  I want to test out my new daylight lamp.  On that subject - thanks to everyone who has left me a comment on the WOYWW post - I haven't had chance to reply to you all individually - but your comments are appreciated.

4 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, hope you enjoyed a lie in. Fab pics, sounds like you had a lovely night. Have a lovely crafty day.

Donna x

Scrapcollectr said...

Love that ferris wheel (as we call it here) pic.... Enjoy your new lamp... It is a wonderful invention! Thx for visiting my desk and Happy New Year...
*smile*
#6

Paula (PEP) said...

Nutcracker Prince definitely - amazing!
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Deborah,

Yes, I know I'm late getting here. I thought I had been here, but when I had to reboot, I lost track of where I was and now it's 2011 already. I had to scroll back three pages to find your WOYWW post and it took me a whole year to reach you (grin). I decided to comment on this post instead of the clean and tidy desk post. I love the views of London. As a person who lives in the States, it's a real joy to see places I only dream about visiting. Thanks for sharing some of your fabulous holiday photos. Happy New Year and I'll see you on Wednesday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...