Sunday 26 December 2010

For our son ...

... I made a very special card.  I like to make the children and my husband special cards.  I found the perfect sketch for this card, but realised that I couldn't enter the challenge as I didn't want Ben to see the card before he actually received it!!  Ben's one of my followers, so I had to leave my post until after Christmas.  The sketch was from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #27 - and something about the sketch really appealed to me and I thought it was just perfect for Ben.  Here's the sketch:




I also knew just what stamps I was going to use on the card.  In Claire's last stamp release she designed some fabulous round images - Around Christmastime - and there's a large image of Santa's head in this set that I thought was perfect for the large circle in the sketch.  But instead of doing traditional colours for Santa - I opted for a blue look!!  I stamped the image and embossed it with detail silver, then I coloured Santa's hat using Memento Paris Dusk - I wanted a dark blue hat - and then added glitter to the edge of his hat.  I used Polar White Flower Soft to make Santa's beard.  I added some colour to the words and flourish using a Sakura stardust pen.  The backing paper is from the Smirk Men paper set - just love those stripes!  And finally, instead of a button, in the same stamp set there is a lovely stamp that says "Nice Person" - which I stamped twice and embossed once in silver and once in blue; I cut out the centre in blue and raised up it.  Finally, I added some peeloffs, which I coloured to match, to our special son.  I'm really pleased how the card turned out and hope that Ben likes it too.  So here it is:


This one's for Ben - our very special son, whom we love very much!!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Around Christmastime
Paper:  Smirk - Men set
Ink:  Memento - Paris Dusk
Spellbinders:  Circles - plain and inverted circles
Embossing Powder:  Stampendous - Detail Silver; Cosmic Shimmer - Steel Blue Aurora Black
Accessories:  Glitter; Flower Soft - Polar White; Sakura Stardust pen; Peeloffs - Dawn Bibby; Promarkers

As you may well have realised, this is a scheduled post, as we're having Christmas at my parents-in-law!!  We always have a huge Christmas with them.  Do drop by again tomorrow, when I have another card scheduled to see.  Hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas.

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

This is delightful - the blue Santa is great with those stripes & he looks so striking in this colour way. Hope your time away is/has been good. The birds are tucking into my charred parsnips & the dregs of a packet of Bread Sauce.
Paula (PEP)

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lorraine, beautiful card as always. Hope you are all having a fab time with your family.

Donna x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...