Friday 17 December 2010

Christmas cheer ...

... is one of my favourite stamps.  It's made by Papermania and I got it last year.  It's a large stamp, so can be difficult sometimes, but it makes for the most elegant cards.  So I've had a bit of a play - short on time today, so this is going to be brief.  I used versamark on the stamp and then added colour with memento, once stamped I added the embossing powder - result is a beautiful soft image that shimmers.  I stamped on vellum which I stuck to plain white card.  I added some silver peeloffs for the border and then edged with Distress ink.  I used a sheet of Kanban card from a kit purchased from QVC - it's such a pretty card that nothing else is needed.



Stamp:  Papermania - Christmas Cheer
Ink: Memento - Danube Blue;  Versamark; Distress - Tumbled Glass
Embossing Powder:  Stampendous - Kaleidoscope
Card:  Kanban

The next card uses the same stamp and technique except I went for my favourite colour - PURPLE!!  I kept this one really simple and mounted the stamped image on purple satin card.  I made the photo corners using a punch.

Stamp:  Papermania - Christmas Cheer
Ink: Memento - Grape Jelly;  Versamark
Embossing Powder:  Stampendous - Kaleidoscope

Finally, I made a square card.  This one was really easy.  I used a lovely circular topper (from Kanban kit) that featured a traditional jolly Santa.  I mounted it on a piece of red card that I'd run through my bug - using the scalloped circles (largest die).  I mounted this onto a dark blue metallic card and added some lovely foil stickers - traditional poinsettia.



Topper:  Kanban Card
Stickers:  Antia's

I've had a quick look at upcoming challenges.  I've made a note and I'm going to try and do a few - but it's getting busy here, so I might not be able to play quite so much.

It's getting cloudy here again and cold.  The sun was out earlier and the snow started to melt off, but now that it's getting colder I think it's going to be icy tonight.  I love snow in pictures or when you don't have to go out and work, go to school, etc - but that's not now.  Wherever you are - be safe.  Do come by again tomorrow.

4 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

It's still snowing here - the birds are digging out the food that remains from this morning which is now covered by a good 4 ins where I'd cleared the night's fall off. Anyhow back to business - love these, that Christmas Cheer is delightful & I too love purple, add some orange & I'm really happy! Love the candles in the final one, but finally the die falls to the first as my favourite.
You take care tonight.
Paula (PEP)

Stella said...

Your cards are gorgeous but the blue one made with that stunning Papermania stamp is definitely one of my favorites! I love it.

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, these are all lovely but the santa one is my favourite love the glow on his face.

Donna x

Lynn Mercurio said...

Merry Christmas, Deborah. I love these cards and they certainly put me into the Christmas spirit. They are all stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...