Saturday 4 December 2010

It's Christmas in our house ....

... and that's official!!!  The first Saturday in December has become the day on which we put up our Christmas trees.  Ever since the children were tiny and they wanted the trees up, we decided that we'd do it - so today's the day.

We started off by visiting Chester to see the Big Wheel that has been put up.  But unfortunately the weather was really miserable.  I don't mean snow.  I mean dull, grey and rain - and, of course, cold.  So we didn't actually go on the Wheel today - we're going to save that for a better day.  But we did some Christmas shopping.  And then went for a most excellent lunch at 1539 - which is the restaurant attached to Chester Racecourse.  It was superb!!!  All the better because I didn't have to prepare it or wash up!  Seriously, a really lovely meal.

Then we came home - and put up our trees.  We have two - one in the Snug and one on the upstairs landing.  Both are really beautiful.  We don't do clean and simple trees, or ones that have a theme.  We go for lots of tinsel, lights, baubles and kids bits.  They are such fun.  So here they are:



Our Big Tree - in the Snug - it's about 7 feet tall - and it's totally wonderful!!!

The Big Tree - in the dark showing how the lights sparkle

Our smaller tree on the landing - I've realised there's a bit of a theme here - silver, white, pink - pretty!

I love to sit in the Snug in the evening with the lights off and watch the Christmas tree lights as they sparkle.  It's so pretty and so relaxing.  A great way to unwind.  So I'm going to be the first to wish everyone Season's Greetings!!

And that's all for this evening.  I'll be back tomorrow with some more cards - I still have plenty to make.  I also have to come up with a couple of simple designs for our Cub Scouts (aged 8 - 10) to make for their parents, as well as some for the Scouts (aged 10½ - 14) to make.  See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

You are so organised. Yes, the trees look lovely! I have been thinking of putting mine up today - we use to have a real one in a pot but they always died so we gave that away, and now have a plastic one.

Karen Lee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the lovely comments that you left for me. Your tree is beautiful. I hope all went well with your Cub Scout cardmaking.

Karen Lee

Paula (PEP) said...

This is really lovely tradition, family is what Christmas is all about too. Gald you had a good lunch out despite the weather.
Paula (PEP)

jimlynn said...

What a beautiful tree!!! I'm with you on the non-theme tree.....our's has a little bit of just everything on it (some things probably don't even really belong on a tree!! HEhehe!) I always look at it - if the kids like it that's all that matters. I really do think yours is gorgeous.
Thanks so much for leaving such a nice comment on my blog today. I'll be checking back often.
Lynn

Jackie said...

Your trees look beautiful. I have mine up but it's just the one and only 5' which is only 1" short of what I am :o)
Jackie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...