Thursday 16 December 2010

Scouts' cards ....

... I've finished them!!  It's been a really busy day today.  I had an electrician (brilliant guy) who came round this morning to sort out my lights - the house is now really bright!!  It's wonderful, I can see things!!

And I've been in my craftroom most of the afternoon and this evening working on cards and presents for my Scouts.  I've kept the cards really simple - I used some lovely Kanban toppers from a kit that I got from QVC.  But to make them a little different I added some stamping, using lots of stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps and some that I got cheap in a bargain bin.  All the cards are the little 3" x 3" cards (Anita's) in a soft pearly white.






For my Assistant Scout Leader, I made an A6 card - again used a Kanban topper with stamping. 



Finally, I made some very simple presents for the Scouts.  I had a large jar of cherry and apple flavour sweets - Christmas tree shaped!!  Perfect.  In the Around Christmastime set from Waltzingmouse stamps there is a super little stamp that's for a "Nice Person" - so I stamped 15 of them in red and green tinsel embossing powder, cut out with a circular punch and stuck onto a plastic bag.  In each bag I put three green and three red sweets.  The bags were sealed with a card topper - the pattern was created using another Waltzingmouse stamp from Off Beat Backgrounds - I created a plaid background using red and green memento inks.  I added a punched border using my Martha Stewart ornament punch. 



Tomorrow night we're taking the Scouts to see the local panto - Aladdin!!  It should be great fun.  I'll give them all their cards and presents then.

I've been busy making lots of cards, but I can't put them up just yet - they're for my fellow craft club members and some of them pop in here from time to time.  I'll post them after Christmas!!

Anyway, that's all for now.  It's time for a nice cup of coffee and to settle down and watch Chuck!!  Drop by again tomorrow - I'll have a few more cards to show you.  I also need to complete a couple of challenges!

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the plaid pattern for the bags with that MS punch. Brilliant idea with the toppers combined with stamping to make them individual too. Hope you have a good panto.....
Paula (PEP)

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Great cards and a brilliant idea for the scouts sweets, love it. What a star you are, they will love them too. Hope you all have a lovely evening at Aladdin:0) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...