Saturday 11 December 2010

OLW32 - ages, part 2 ...

... I've had another go at my niece's 10th birthday card.  I like the one I made earlier, but it is a bit small and subtle.  I think that when you go into double figures you need to be loud and proud about it.  So I had a bit of a think and came up with another age card for this week's OLW challenge of ages being hosted by Jennifer at Styles Ink.




Stamps:  Elusive Images - Big Flowers;  Hobby Art - Happy Birthday
Inks:  Memento - Rose Bud; Distress - Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar
Pens:  Promarkers - various
Accessories:  Ribbon from stash

This time the card is anything but subtle!!!  It's A5 in size.  I found some number templates which I over stamped with these wonderful flowers, designed by Glenda Waterworth, and coloured the flowers with Promarkers.  I found these lovely ribbons in my ribbon box and they matched the colour of the flowers.  I added some interest to the card by inking the edges with Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar.  Finally, using my stamp-a-ma-jig (Stampin' Up!) I positioned the birthday greeting.  Result - really pleased with this card.  I think it's suitably big and bright for a 10th birthday!

I know I went into my craft room to make Christmas cards, but this idea wouldn't budge - so I had to make it.  Christmas cards tomorrow!!!

8 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Now that is an inventive use of those flowers - love the whole idea of this & I'm sure she'll be thrilled. I know - you just have to follow your instinct & go with it to get it out of your system.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky Hayes said...

This was a very good idea and I love the colourful numbers! You're right - ten is a special birthday and needs to be shouted about!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Deb! So colorful and fun! Surely your niece will treasure this :)

Jackie said...

Fantastic card, you could say it's really loud and proud :o)
Jackie xx

Wishcraft said...

Great card - love what you've done with the numbers :o) Lisa x

Carol said...

Oh, this is a good one! A wonderful, spectacular big 'ol card spelling it all out to celebrate! Children at that age are so proud of their BIG birthdays and you've got a winner here, for sure!

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog! It sure does motivate me to post more often, although I've got a few busy weeks coming up with travel. I plan to be back at blogging more frequently come January. Happy holidays!

Heather T said...

I think it is fabulous; the colors and the images are bold and happy.

Jennifer Styles said...

This one is just great too! A little louder and a little prouder!

Great job on both cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...