Wednesday 8 December 2010

Butterfly blues, Nutcracker Prince ....

... these are the cards that I've come up with for two quite different challenges.  The first is for Mona's CR84FN challenge where the requiement to use pink, blue and tan, and the second is for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge to make a circular card/tag.



I love these colours - so pretty!!

I've never made a circular card before!!

So for CR84FN6 I've made a simple thank you card.  My Aunt and Uncle have been very supportive to me and Mum during Mum's recent house move, so I thought it was time to send them a card to show them I appreciate all their help.  I couldn't decide whether to make it really clean and simple, or go all out for a vintage/shabby chic sort of card.  In the end it's a bit of a mix.   It's very sparkly in real-life, but it doesn't show up well on a photo!




Stamps:  Personal Impression - Butterfly Panel One
Accessories:  Ribbon - Stampin' Up!; Roses - free with a magazine;  Greeting - Craftwork Cards;  Cuttlebug folder Dots and spots

I'm quite pleased how this card for the Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge turned out.  It's very vintage with traditional colours.  I used various Spellbinder circular dies to cut out the shapes, and used my favourite Nutcracker Prince for the topper. 



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nutcracker Prince, Holiday Labels No 14, Compliments of the Season
Papers:  Anita's Christmas Red Papers
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress - Pine Needles
Spellbinders: Circular dies - plain, scalloped and inverted scalloped
Accessories:  buttons and sticky ribbon

That's all for this evening.  I finally got some housework done today - saintly smile!!  So tomorrow I can do a bit more crafting - seems only fair to me!!

12 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Very different cards but both gorgeous! I think you are a little in love with that lovely nutcracker prince!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, both of them, the sweet colors and rose images on the first is just darling.

Andrea M said...

Such a pretty cards!!! Love your take on Mona's colors!!! Great job :)

Paula (PEP) said...

the first is so pat for a Thank you. As to the Nutcracker Prince - you've suprassed yourself with this, I just love it - the colours & patterns in the papers & the juxtapositional ayering of the different regular & inverted scallops is so effective. iw ent to bed thinking of the sketch & will set to later today. Looking forward to seeing what you'll get up to next@!
Paula (PEP)http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

jimlynn said...

Both are wonderful - but I really, really, like that circular card! Oh so pretty.
Lynn

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are so pretty Deb! Love that beautiful butterfly & embossed BG on the first! You did an amazing job coloring the gorgeous Nutcracker on the second! Thank you so much for playing along with both the WMSC and CR84FN challenge :)

Jackie said...

Lovely cards, I particularly like the pretty flower one :o)
Jackie xx

Stella said...

Your take on both challenges is gorgeous. Perfect shades of pink, blue and tan and I love those roses and the butterfly.
The card for the WM sketch is gorgeous too. The nutcracker prince is traditional and red and green are a perfect choice for this. Both cards are lovely to look at!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Two nice cards. I like the pretty roses on the first and the vintage colors and scalloped shape of the second.

Julia Aston said...

A lovely color challenge card Deborah - and I love the nutcracker tag and pretty papers on your WMS round card! thanks for playing again!

B said...

Wow, lovely cards! :) Love the way you attached the label onto the round card! Just adorable!

Jinny Newlin said...

Just love your touches of glitter and shine, Deborah! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...