Thursday 30 December 2010

One Layer Wednesday 34 ....

... is being hosted by Jennifer Styles at Styles Ink this week.  Jennifer has called the challenge "Boot Camp" and the requirement is to use only 1 stamp (you can repeat the image), a maximum of two ink colours and a sentiment if you want to.  You may also emboss, paper piece or distress - however, there must be no added embellishments.  Jennifer reckons this one is a "toughie" - and I agree!!!

I think my mojo has run away.  I've been in my craft room all afternoon playing around, but nothing seemed to come to me.  Then about half an hour ago I remembered one of my favourite stamps -  the big Medallion stamp from Stampin' Up!  I used this a lot in my 2009 Christmas collection as well as a few other cards, so I thought I'd try it again.



Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Medallion; Greeting - can't remember the company
Inks: Versamark;  Memento - Lady Bug
Pens:  Marvy Le Plume - Black, Persimmion
Embossing Powder:  Stampendous - Kaleidoscope

That's all for today.  Do drop by again.

11 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

I know what you mean - sometimes it just doesn't happen. Have had a few fallow days here too - too much to get sorted after the chaos I had after Christmas cards etc........ This is rather good. I have loads of medallions from my glitter medallion phase. Useful as backgrounds too. Brilliant the way you've stamped it off the corner.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Stella said...

I know what you mean with no mojo. Sometimes it takes me hours to come up with just one card :)But looking at his....No mojo? This card is gorgeous. The result with one stamp is amazing!

Michellem said...

WOW!!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card! love how you stamped the medallion... i love that stamp, too!

Joanne Leddy said...

Fabulous medallion! I just got this stamp and I can see myself getting it inky soon! Thanks for sharing.

A Consuming Passion said...

Great job Deborah!!! I haven't played for a while need to check this one out!
Happy New Year!!

Julia Aston said...

This medallion works SO well for a no layer card Deborah! love the two colors on the sentiment! wishing you a happy healthy New Year dear friend!

Susan said...

Okay...I don't have that medallion stamp...but I LOVE it!!! Beautiful card!

I know what you mean about the mojo running away! LOL! I'm struggling with my stamping and scrapping right now. It's like I'm having to learn all over again!

Your mojo, however, seems to have returned, as evidenced by the beautiful card!

Janelle said...

Simple. Classy. Love it!

Chrissie said...

I just love this one!
Chrissie

Jennifer Styles said...

I love that stamp and I think it was perfect for the challenge.

Your card is lovely! Thanks for playing along with OLW34!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...