Thursday 14 October 2010

One Layer Wednesday ...

... very nearly didn't happen this week.  Some of you may already have seen from Susan's blog that she's not able to do the OLW challenge for a while.  However, I saw on her blog today that OLW is back!!  Yippee!!!!  I'm so pleased as I am really getting into this challenge.  Jennifer Styles contacted Susan and offered her help which was accepted, so it's all stations go. 

Jennifer has set this week's challenge to create Winter Holiday cards with a coloured base card - but NOT white, cream, red or green.  I have had a great time and the cards were so easy - this time :))  I've used a mix of Stampin' Up! and Waltzingmouse Stamps for the cards - but I have done really clean and simple.  So without further ado - here they are:


Card: Turquoise A6 - Inspire Me Papers
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps - Frame-It; Stampin' Up! - Contempo Christmas
Ink: Versamark
Embossing Powder: Cosmic Shimmer - Arctic Black Aurora


Card: Blue A6 from stash
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps - Frame-It; Stampin' Up! - Serene Snowflakes, Contempo Christmas
Pens: Marvy le Plume - Blue, Sapphire, Salvia Blue

Edited - I've been reading the Just Add Ink blog - and they are focussing on anxiety and depression - I've been familiar with the depression bit.  Anyway, they are running a challenge called "Just add Blue", so I've decided to link my Blue Snowflake to their challenge.  There is an additional, and optional, part to their challenge and that's to send the card to someone to show you care - as a RAK (random act of kindness).   Now the Blue Snowflake will go out, but not until nearer Christmas.  So I think I'll just have to make another card that's blue.


Card: Lilac A6 from stash
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Frame-It; Stampin' Up! - Serene Snowflakes
Inks: Versamark; Memento - Grape Jelly
Embossing Powder: Cosmic Shimmer - Tropic Violet Lustre

I was so pleased that Claire had done this lovely Frame-It set - I always had a problem drawing a neat square with felt pens and a ruler.  She's made it easy-peasy!!  And the bauble and snowflakes images are two of my favourite Christmas themes - they will both feature again (and often). 

I was also lucky that today my order from Stampin' Up! - which included my new Contempo Christmas set - was delivered.  Thanks Nicci - love these stamps.

That's all I've got time for this evening.  I've got to sort out a Scout meeting for Sunday - we're joining JOTI - which is Jamboree on the Internet.  It's where our Scouts can chat with Scouts all over the world via the web.  Last year I spoke to people in Australia, Finland, Oman and the States - it was fab.  Hopefully, we'll have a great time again.

Bye for now - see you all again tomorrow.
 

10 comments:

Alex said...

Lovely cards Deborah. Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

Paula (PEP) said...

I'm learning much about blogland from my visits to you. These are delightful & co-incided with my alighting upon some other CAS info so shall definitely investigate that further. Thanks too for inspiration - am steadily plodding through my ink swatch samples now.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Susan Hogan said...

Lovely cards - yes, I have ordered these, but not arrived yet - it's a bit further to home than you!

Jodene said...

These are all beautiful card Deborah!

Nicci said...

They are fab Deborah, love the simplicity of them fun playing xx

Bev J. said...

All very pretty-I really like the turquoise card. tfs and doing the challenge.

Stella said...

Less is definitely more; this is beautiful

Susan said...

Such pretty cards!! Love the simplicity of them!

Danielle Daws said...

These are all beautiful! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink and supporting Anxiety and Depression Awareness Month.

Jennifer said...

Oooooo, these cards fit the bill perfectly! Love the colours you chose and those stamps are gorgeous!

Great job on the challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...