Monday 18 October 2010

Versamark ink is ....

... oh so versatile.  I've had it in my craftroom for ages, but I mostly use it simply for embossing.  Last week's lesson in Rubber Stamping: Back to Basics course that I'm doing on MCC - My Creative Craftroom - covered just how useful Versamark ink is.  I've already shown some of my early attempts at brayering - not the best!!  However, today at craft class I decided to have a go at a resist technique.

It's easy peasy!!  But the catch is having good quality gloss card - which I didn't use in my early attempts - and makes a huge difference.  So I used some of my Stampin' Up! images, inked with Versamark and then brayered using Kaleidacolor inks.  I am delighed with both backgrounds, and I will post the completed cards once they are done.  In the meantime, this is what they are like now:






















Now I know I've used the next technique before, but it's so simple and I'd sort of forgotten about it.  Simply using Versamark on a stamp, and stamping onto a pastel (or not too dark) card.  The image left is a tone darker then the starting card.  Easy!!  And effective.  Again, both these cards are works in progress, and I'll post the finished cards later this week.


 



















That's all for today - I've got loads of house stuff - washing, ironing, etc to do, as well as finishing my OU assignment.  I've done some - but keep putting it off in favour of crafting :)))  That's so much more fun.  Anyway, I'll be back again soon.  Thanks for reading.



4 comments:

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Thanks for reminding me about this technique... one I haven't done in years! Your samples are gorgeous!

Paula (PEP) said...

Stunning brayering with the emboss resist. Looking forward to this & thanks for the tip about the cardstock - seems to hold true for a lot of crafting - quality does matter.
Paula (PEP)

Nicci said...

Oh, those backgrounds came out beautifully Deborah!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm lucky you looked in my Gallery today or I wouldn't have come here and heard about My Creative Craftroom. Every class offered is one I want to take.

I've made many backgrounds (Love to dabble with techniques)but none as beautiful as yours. It SOUNDS simple, and I even have the right paper so I can play today.

Thanks a bunch!
Bahb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...