The theme for this month's hop is Autumn/Harvest. I couldn't make up my mind what to do. Should I make a card with pies and pumpkins, etc? But then I realised that Autumn has it's own beauty and I had just the right set to depict falling leaves and acorns. So this is my card (and matching envelope) for the Blog Hop:
|Thanksgiving Card - Shades of Autumn|
Spellbinders: Plain and Scalloped Squares, Labels 14
Inks: Distress - Brushed Corduroy, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Vintage Photo; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Promarkers: Gold, Lime Green, Pear Green, Sunflower, Terracotta, Walnut
Paper: A5 cream card (from stash), Copper card (from stash)
Quick instructions to make said card are as follows:
1. Use A5 cream card - sponge distress inks around the edge of card until happy with the effect created.
2. Using the oak leaves from both sets and the various distress inks, randomly stamp oaks leaves on the A5 card.
3. Cut out 4 squares with the small plain square Spellbinders nesties. Then use sponges to add distress inks to create smudged effect, then stamp the solid oak leaves and acorns onto each square.
4. Cut out 4 square scalloped shapes from copper card using the scalloped square nesties.
5. On plain white card stamp at least 4 sets of the oak and acorn cluster from Peace & Plenty. Colour with promarkers to get the effect you want. Cut out one whole set and some smaller leaves.
6. Arrange the 4 square on the card and adhere (I used double sided tape).
7. Use the Labels 14 to cut out background, add distress inks for colour and then stamp with Labels 14 frame and greeting. Add to card.
8. Finally add the coloured leaves and acorn, add the decoupaged leaves falling down the page.
9. For a final touch I added glossy accent to the acorns to make them shine.
I do hope this all make sense. Now have fun and follow us on the Hop!! Enjoy.