Wednesday 6 October 2010

Thinking cap on ...

... because I really have to finalise my OU assignment.  It's really interesting - I'm doing an astronomy course.  It's only an introduction, but there's a lot to read - and the picutres of stars, galaxies, planets are so beautiful.  The use of computers and colour enhanced images really makes it as lovely to look at, as it is interesting to read.  Sorry, tend to waffle on about the course :)))

So, I thought I'd show you a few more cards that I made earlier in the year.


I made this for my sister-in-law, Charlotte.  I'd already made her a card - see 4th October post - but that was from Kathryn.  This one was from Jonathan and me.  It was reasonably quick to make.  I used the Spellbinders star dies to cut out stars in various colours and sizes, I then ran them through the cuttlebug to give a rose impression.  The flourishes were made using some holographic card from my stash and two different Marianne dies.  The backing paper came from a pad of pink paper from Papermania; I used the Doily Lace punch to make the borders.  Finally, I added the Craftworkcards greetings and some ribbon.


I like this layout - it's a nice simple design and can be adapted for all occasions.  This time I needed to make a card for a little boy who'd just had a new baby sister.  Obviously, there would be lots of cards in the house welcoming the new baby, and I thought that Ewan should have a card just for him - as the "Big Brother".  The image is from Pink Petticoat and is coloured with pencils - I added some glitter to the mane.  I used Spellbinders Labels 3 to cut the layers; the papers were free from craft magazines.  Finally, I used a Sakura stardust pen to add the hand drawn borders.


As I said - this is a good layout!  This time it's a card that I made for my brother-in-law.  I couldn't decide what to do.  Then I found these wonderful Smirk men!!  And I found "Superman" - I just had to do it.  I used Labels 3 to cut the layers and Waltzingmouse Stamps to add the dotty frame.  I coloured the image with Prisma pencils and used peel offs for the greeting.

That's all for now, as I'd better get back to my assignment.  I'll be back tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What fun cards Deb! Love the flourish on the first & the 2 cute images on the second & third!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love those flourishes on the first card & the drawn borders on the middle card are a lovely touch - what a really thoughtful thing to do too - for the little boy I mean.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...