Thursday 21 October 2010

"And now for something .....

... completely different"!! said John Cleese in Monty Python.  I loved that show - so strange and just a bit weird.

You may recall that I posted up some tone-on-tone backgrounds that I did for my MCC homework.   I hope direct link to my page works; I think I've sorted out internal links, but please let me know if it doesn't work.   I had to see what type of card I could make with them.  I love Stampin' Up! Circle Circus stamps and thought they'd make a good general card.  You can see the whole set by clicking on the link - it takes you to the index page on Splitcoaststampers Gallery.



Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Circle Circus
Card:  Blue and orange from my stash - I think I originally got them from a pack that I got from QVC
Peel offs:  Dawn Bibby - mini sentiments
Pens: Promarkers - Cyan


As I used a smallish card - A6 - I decided to stick to the smaller stamps in the set, and I used Versamark to give the tone-on-tone effect.  As the background card was such a bright blue I opted to continue the theme and go for a strong contrast in orange!!  Yes, I said orange.  It's the complimentary colour and works - it is however, quite bright :)  But it makes for a cheerful and fun card.

The card was easy to make.  I simply chose one of the stamps that I'd used on the background, inked with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then used a Stampin' Up! circle punch to cut out three circles.  I used sticky pads to give some dimension as I mounted them on blue paper.  Finally I cut out an orange matte - just a bit larger than the blue layer - and added a greeting "Congratulations" which I coloured with Promarkers.

Overall effect - bright and cheerful; pretty much how I felt once I'd finished making it!!  Certainly cheered up a grey day.

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

This is just stunning - love seeing what you're doing & comparing notes - that's the beauty of this & I'm fortunate to have found you to "click" with.Thank you for all your encouragement.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Vicky Hayes said...

You're right! It's a bright and cheerful card - pretty much how I feel looking at it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...