Friday 1 October 2010

Crafting lessons ...

... and homework sessions; that's what I've been up to this morning. Glenda Waterworth of Graphicus, is running a Rubber Stamping 101: Back to Basics on My Creative Classroom.  The first lesson was on Wednesday night, where Glenda went over inkpads, cardstock, getting a good impression and care of your stamps.  It was really good. 

So the homework bit involved making ink swatches (which I'd already started) but I finished last night, testing out the differences between various black inks, misting inks and stamped images and finally producing a floral card.  So all the homework's done, apart from the floral card which I'll do later this week.  I think it's a great course - go have a look.

I decided to combine the misting exercise with one of the challenges that I've found.  The Creative Card Crew do a weekly challenge, and this weeks it's flowers, lots of them!  So, I've had fun with flowers.  I really like this stamp, but haven't used it much.  I think is absolutely perfect for the challenge.  So I inked it up using the Kaleidocolor pad and stamped onto watercolour paper, which I then misted to get the colours to run.  I was very pleased with the effect; I dried it with a heat gun.  I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to position the black overstamp.  I then used the flowers round the face to stamp randomly around the card.  I coloured some of these flowers with the Kaleidacolor inks.  I used nesties to cut out the image and mount it on a softly coloured background.  Finally, I added a number of punched flowers from my stash along with a greeting - Just because!!



Stamp:  Funstamps - Flower Face
Inks:  Kaleidacolor - Luau; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinders Nesties:  Scalloped ovals; Plain ovals
Flowers:  From my stash
Greeting:  Craftwork Cards

That's all for now.  I might not be able to post tomorrow as I'll be getting ready for my Stampin' Up! party which should be good fun.  Will be back soon.

1 comment:

Paula (PEP) said...

Imppressive - I had the new Distress Inks for my 5oth too, plus all the oval nesties, some WOJ stamps, some Copic Sketch & various smooth cardstocks. Isn't it wonderful with your own craft space - my husband's just decorated mine & I did WOYWW for a few weeks but have had to declutter my time in order to get the MCC & Suzanne Dean colouring classes in so blogging has to be reduced.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...