... and homework sessions; that's what I've been up to this morning. Glenda Waterworth of Graphicus, is running a Rubber Stamping 101: Back to Basics on My Creative Classroom. The first lesson was on Wednesday night, where Glenda went over inkpads, cardstock, getting a good impression and care of your stamps. It was really good.
So the homework bit involved making ink swatches (which I'd already started) but I finished last night, testing out the differences between various black inks, misting inks and stamped images and finally producing a floral card. So all the homework's done, apart from the floral card which I'll do later this week. I think it's a great course - go have a look.
I decided to combine the misting exercise with one of the challenges that I've found. The Creative Card Crew do a weekly challenge, and this weeks it's flowers, lots of them! So, I've had fun with flowers. I really like this stamp, but haven't used it much. I think is absolutely perfect for the challenge. So I inked it up using the Kaleidocolor pad and stamped onto watercolour paper, which I then misted to get the colours to run. I was very pleased with the effect; I dried it with a heat gun. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to position the black overstamp. I then used the flowers round the face to stamp randomly around the card. I coloured some of these flowers with the Kaleidacolor inks. I used nesties to cut out the image and mount it on a softly coloured background. Finally, I added a number of punched flowers from my stash along with a greeting - Just because!!
Stamp: Funstamps - Flower Face
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Luau; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinders Nesties: Scalloped ovals; Plain ovals
Flowers: From my stash
Greeting: Craftwork Cards
That's all for now. I might not be able to post tomorrow as I'll be getting ready for my Stampin' Up! party which should be good fun. Will be back soon.