Thursday 27 March 2014

Simply the best ....

.... Good morning!  The card I'm sharing this morning is made with the recipe from Less is More - LIM#164.  The recipe has two parts, the first is to make a card that features three of something and the second is to visit at least three other participants (preferably somebody you've not been to before).  Here's the card:

The Best - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Wallflower
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Island Indigo
Dies: Spellbinders - Ovals Lg (S4-110) #4&5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Sweet Sorbet; SU Embosslits - Beautiful Wings; SU Card - Island Indigo; Gems

I really wasn't sure what to make for this challenge, there are so many gorgeous cards already displayed on the thumbnails.  Then, yesterday, I found these little butterflies and a large oval of the design paper on my desk - left over from a project I made in January!  I decided to cut an oval frame from the design paper, stamp a sentiment in the middle and added the butterflies and some gems.  The inside has been left blank for a message.  I think the hardest part of this was to make sure that then sentiment was centred and then make sure I didn't get any inky fingerprints on it!!  I do hope the Ladies like this clean, simple card.

I know that according to the calendar spring is here, but yesterday morning we woke up to a light dusting of snow.  This winter there has been 91.3" of snow in Detroit, just 2" short of the record.  I went out to clear the snow and play with my camera.


Here you can see the glow of sunrise on the rooftops opposite the house - such a pretty pink!  And the tyre tracks left on our drive after Jonathan left for work.

Spring Snow 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

We have square paving stones on the path to the front door, and I like the pattern you can see through the snow.  

Spring Snow 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The sun is well up now - it's lost the pretty pink glow and is really shining - it makes the copper top on the pool house shine.

Spring Snow 4 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

While I was pushing the snow off the drive, I noticed this pattern on the bricks of my neighbour's house.  The sun was shining on our downstairs windows and reflecting on the wall.  Super pattern!

Spring Snow 5 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This is me taking a break from shovelling, well in this case it was really more a case of pushing the snow off the drive.  You can see the half finished drive behind the tree.

Spring Snow 6 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

It was so cold that all the trees were covered with frost.  I took lots of photos to try and capture the flaky frost - this is the best of the bunch!  You can see the leaf buds there too - hopefully they'll be opening up soon.

Spring Snow 7 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Finally, one more of the pattern on the wall.  The sun moves around quite quickly, so the pattern doesn't last long!

That's all for now.  I'm off to the hairdresser this morning to get my hair done.  See you soon.

signature

8 comments:

Leigh said...

I love your card, so simple and elegant.

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty Deborah!
Lovely pics too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Really pretty card, Deborah! Like your snow pictures and the amazing sun reflection! We had a bit of snow in the more southern part of NJ too, not where I live. I love winter, but for now I'm really done with it and want SPRING!

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely CAS card Debs love the sentiment...your snowy pictures are lovely thank you for sharing them with us...

Anne

Darnell said...

Very CASlicious, Deborah! I really love your sweet butterflies around the frame!!

And, wow, you are quite the photographer! It is so fun to be artistic and aware of the beauty and patterns around us in every-day things. Great eye! My favorite is the branch and the juxtaposition of the frost with the new buds. Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

Viv said...

Great card Deborah, don't envy you with the snow, we have had none this year so far......fingers crossed :) Viv xx

Sarah G said...

Love your CAS design - the sentiment looks great framed in the oval! Wonderful photos too :)

Anne said...

Super card and lovely photos !
Thanks so much for joining us at LIM
Anne
LIM Guest commenter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...