Saturday 8 March 2014

52CCT/WMSFC - Hold Christmas ....

....  Good morning!  This week at  52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown we have a colour challenge for you and at Waltzingmouse Fanatics we have a sketch challenge.  I combined both into this card:

Hold Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compact Sentiments, Sewing Box Christmas, Alpine Christmas
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Dovecrafts DP - Christmas Blues; SU DP - Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral; Button; Blue Metallic Thread


Patricia has picked some wonderful colours - you have to pick at least three, but I've managed to use them all!!  Our sketch at Waltzingmouse is very simple and I've followed the layout, but moved the position of the sentiment.  I used a sheet of design paper to cover the card which includes all the shades of teal and has snowflakes!  Next I stamped the mitten onto dark teal, kraft and coral design paper, cut out them out and created the layers, I finished the top with a tiny red button and some dark teal metallic thread.  I stamped the sentiment in dark red.  On the inside I cut a mat in the same design paper and stamped a lovely Christmas verse in the centre.  As I've included faux stitching and a button I'm submitting this to the Merry Monday Challenge - MM#98.

Hold Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration with these lovely colours check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer Scraplady.  Have fun!

signature

16 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday and leaving such a nice note. I love the paper you chose for this card--it pairs so nicely with the stitched mittens. Pretty card inside too! Thanks for the inspiration!
:) Marie

Sari said...

Your card is so sweet, I love mittens and the stitching is perfect for this challenge.

Fabiola said...

elle est adorable Deborah, je craque pour les moufles, elles sont tellement jolies, biz

Susan Joyce said...

Sweet design, I love the stitched mittens and the button. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute, your mittens are adorable. Thank you joining us for Merry Monday.

Ruth M said...

Beautiful card Deborah, it has such a warm and cosy vibe with those sweet mittens even though you've featured chilly snowflakes too! Great job with the inside too, that sentiment stamp is really eye-catching! Have a wonderful week! Ruth x

Lori Turner said...

Super cute card! Love those stitched mittens!! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday xoxoxo

Peanut said...

What an adorable card, Deborah. Those mittens are just tooo cute!
xxx Asha

Bonnie said...

What wonderful little stitched mittens, Deborah! Thanks for sharing them with us at Merry Monday!

Danielle Vincent said...

This is a great card Deborah and the mittens are just darling!! I'm impressed you got all those colors in - and did it so nicely. Hugs D

Danielle Vincent said...

Me again Deborah. I forgot to tell you that the stamp set and dies I used on my card this week at 52CCT are from Your Next Stamp.

Margaret Moody said...

Great card, Deborah! The lovely snowflake background really highlights the pair of mittens!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the fun mittens, Deb! The snowflake background is perfect, too! I can't wait to get my WMS stamps!!! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Louise van Vuren said...

Those mittens are so warm and cosy looking! Great way to use the colours, love the chilly snowflake contrast in the background. Super card
Louise xx

Jacqueline said...

Wow, you used all the colours?????? This is so lovely - great mittens - they look so cosy - Jacqueline xx

Patricia Hays said...

The snowflake paper is terrific! You did an excellent job piecing the mittens. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...