Wednesday 19 March 2014

You make me happy ....

.... when skies are grey!  And they are certainly grey here today!  However, the upside is that while it's grey and wet, it is very much warmer than it has been, a good reason to be happy.  This card has been made with a couple of challenges in mind:

Happy - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: PTI - Scattered Showers; Stampin' Up! - See Ya Later
Inks: Memento - Cottage Ivy, Pear Tart, New Sprout
Dies: Spellbinders - Squares Lg (S4-126) #7, Squares Sm (S4-128) #7
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Green Mirri Card


My inspiration of the words "Dancing in the Rain", the theme at the new challenge Time Out Challenges, immediately reminded me of the movie Singin' in the Rain, one of our all time favourites and it always makes me happy.  So when I saw the stamp in See Ya Later, I had to combine the two.  I used the sketch and repeated stamping from Fusion.

I stamped the umbrella around the edge in two shades of green and added the handle in another green.  I die cut a mat of dark green mirri card and on the white panel stamped the sentiment and added another brolly.  On the inside I cut a mat of mirri card and on the white card I randomly stamped some raindrops and another sentiment.  I put the sentiment off to one side to allow plenty of room for me to write a message.

Happy inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I mentioned the rain we are having and the warmer temperatures  - it's great, the snow is finally melting away and this is the view from my craft room window:

Craft room view - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The grass is looking a little sad, but with some sunshine it'll soon green up!  We had 77 days continuous days with more than an inch of snow here in Northville.  I've never experienced a winter like this before!!!  That's all for now.  I'd better get on with some housework stuff!! 


signature

11 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a great card for both challenges Deborah! love those jaunty umbrellas and they look so lively in the green! what a nice view from your craft window - the homes are beautiful and nicely screened with those pine trees!

sandie said...

fab card Deborah, it really does remind me of singing in the rain! And what a cool idea for the inside. So happy you joined us at TIME OUT

Vickie Z said...

Fun card Deb!! Yes, this winter has been unusual....they've happened before but, it has been so many years . My family in northern IN...worried about roofs etc.

wienerhoneymooners said...

So Awesome, love the Green and raindrops!!! We sure have seen our fair share lately for sure!

Thanks for joining us at FUSION, always a pleasure !!!!

Nonni said...

Such a fun card, I love the way you were inspired by "Dancing in the Rain"! Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining us in the fun! By the way I was just looking at your craft room pics -WOW. I want to come over. :)

Gerrina said...

What a beautiful umbrella Love the design of your card! Thanks for taking Time Out to join us. Gerrina DT Time Out Challenges

Lisa Kind said...

Love all the umbrellas and the colors are fabulous! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play in our first challenge! Hope to see you again!

Lynn said...

I'm going to be singing my day away! This card is so sweet! The sun is coming! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

Michelle said...

Oh dear! Now I'm singing too!! I love that song! 77 days of more than an inch of snow? Amazing! Your card is gorgeous, Deborah! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, love the inking and decorated inside :)

Beverley said...

LOVE this card & how you've created a grid with the umbrella handles - FUN! Great to see you taking the TIME OUT to join in on the challenge :) Hugs Bev x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...