Monday 17 March 2014

Friends owl-ways ....

....  Morning all!  Hope you've had a good weekend.  Ours was great fun, but more of that later.  Here's a fun card that I made yesterday afternoon for a couple of challenges:
Friends Owl-ways - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Dare to be Artzy - Feather Friends; Waltzingmouse - Woodgrain
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi
Dies: Dare to be Artzy - Owl Dies D2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Limelight; Vellum


Checking out the definitions on The Card Concept, this card is clean and layered.   For some reason this is only the second time I've managed to play along, but I really like the colours this time, so I'm close to deadline, but I've made it.  I used the sketch from CAS - Colours & Sketches.  I covered the card with some lime paper from my new Kaisercraft pad - love the embossed texture on this piece.  I cut a white panel on which I stamped the sentiment in green.  For the vertical panel I stamped a wood grain image onto vellum - so my cute owl is sitting on a tree!!!  On the inside I cut a mat layer from another piece of design paper and added another owl.

Owl-ways inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's it for today.  The UPS guy has just delivered my new craft desk, so I've got to clear out my old desk, hoover and then assemble my new desk!  My old desk is really old - it's an antique desk that Jonathan had as a boy; he used it for doing homework.  When we moved here Jonathan told me to use it, I wasn't keen, but he was keen not to get a new one.  Sadly, the top drawer broke and needs to be repaired.  When I told Jonathan, his comment was "You use the drawers!!", well, yes, I keep all types of stuff in the drawers.  So now I have a new desk and the antique, will be upstairs as decoration!!!  Bye!

signature

5 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah like your cute owl

Anne

Unknown said...

Super sweet card. My daughter loves owls and she would love this. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this week.

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for joining in this week at CC&S - your card is lovely, fab green background paper - Jacqueline xx

Jenni's Jems said...

What a cute card and sentiment! X

Louise van Vuren said...

Love your take on the sketch, the little owl on the tree. Great colours and what a fab sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CC&S again Deborah
Louise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...