Wednesday 19 March 2014

TMR - Vintage ....

... Morning!  It looks like spring might be trying to make an appearance in Northville, it got up to 7°C (45°F) yesterday afternoon, and it should be even warmer today, although a bit wet!!  Still it is time for our new challenge at The Male Room.  We had so many lovely submissions for our blue, green and brown theme.  Our theme this time is VINTAGE, and here's my take:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Perfectly Penned; Dare to be Artzy - Hot Air Balloons E13102
Inks: SU - More Mustard, Sahara Sand; Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Antique Linen
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black, More Mustard; SU DP - More Mustard; Couture Creations EF - Ascension; Lakeland Greetings Banners


I find that vintage style is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I'm quite pleased with this card.  I used the colours from Dynamic Duos - DD#94, as well as the Dessert option of dry embossing.  I made the base from black card, cut a mat layer of More Mustard design paper and a panel of white card.  I embossed the white card with these fabulous balloons and brayed over the image with Sahara Sand and More Mustard.  I then added more ink by sponging on Antique Linen and More Mustard.  I rounded the corners of both layers and adhered them to the front of the card.  I finished the front with this bold birthday sentiment.  Not a bit of stamping on the front of the card.  On the inside I made a mat layer of More Mustard and on the white panel stamped (using second generation images) several small balloons and finished with a birthday greeting.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspirational masculine cards with a vintage feel, check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team.  Looking forward to seeing what you make!  Bye for now.

signature

9 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely vintage balloon card Deborah...I cant wait for the warmer weather although we have had a taster over the last few days down in SOmerset

Anne

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful, fun card!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Great vintage card! It's fun for a guy! Great job!

Annette Elliott said...

Lovely card. The sponging certainly makes it vintage. I also like the Happy Birthday tag shape. Very nicely done, Deborah! Thanks for joining Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Jacqueline said...

This is such a fab male card Deborah - great colours too - Jacqueline xx

Louise van Vuren said...

Seems like vintage tested us all! You have done it very well here, Deborah. The colour choice is fab and those balloons are really taking off. I particularly like the sentiment stamp inside.
Louise xx

Sue - said...

Super vintage card. I thought it was a stamp until I read how you'd made it.

Sarah Fleming said...

Very nice vintage card! I have such a hard time with vintage. Love the embossed balloon. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is amazing! I love the gold feeling so wonderful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...