Saturday 22 March 2014

52CCT - Stash challenge ...

....  Morning!!!  It's time for our new challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  The theme this week is dimensional paper flowers - you can use ready made flowers, punches, or dies, and I've stamped my flower and decoupaged the image.

Sparkly Stuff - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Text It; CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Christmas Carols; Reverse Confetti - Tinsel 'n' Trim
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Smoky Slate, Lucky Limeade, Strawberry Slush
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo; Vellum; White Embossing Powder; Copics

I've gone for some very bright, non-traditional colour for my card using the colours from this week's Merry Monday - MM#100.  I used the layout from last week's Waltzingmouse Fanatics challenge - WMSFC#13.  I started by stamping some text onto the bottom of the card in soft grey and then made the panel with white and lime card.  I stamped the sentiment in lime at the top of the card.  Next I stamped the large, funky poinsettia three times in Versamark on to bright pink card and vellum, heat embossing them all with white powder.  I cut out the whole of the bright pink poinsettia and attached it to the card.  I coloured the reverse of the vellum flowers with lime on one and pink on the other and then carefully cut out the layers, to reveal the bright pink at the bottom, some green leaves and the top pink layer.  I finished the centre with some gems.  You can't really see the dimension of the flower above, so here are a couple more views showing that I have got a dimensional paper flower!

Sparkly Stuff close up - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSparkly Stuff top view - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

You can see that the petals have a gentle curve and on the side view you can see all three layers.  I have kept it reasonably flat so that it is okay for the post.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of lime card, stamped the poinsettia in pink and added a sentiment.

Sparkly Stuff inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration with dimensional flowers check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team, and from our Guest Designer, Scraplady.  That's all for now!

signature

20 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the unique poinsettia you've created with this technique Deborah and the colours are fab too! Vicky x

Louise van Vuren said...

Wow! I love that funky poinsettia image, but best of all I like what you have done with it, layering up the petals. The colours are amazing (lime green !!!) and it is a fab,fab card.
Louise xx

G Peplow said...

Fabulous! This is perfect, I just love the funky flower and the colours, that sentiment is so cool too !!! :D xx

Ardyth said...

VERY pretty! Love the layered vellum!

Fabiola said...

magnifique Déborah, j'adore cette idée de couleurs douces et fraîches pour ce poinsettia, biz

Kristie Goulet said...

Stunning poinsettia, Deborah!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, your poinsettia is lovely. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday

Danielle Vincent said...

So so gorgeous Deborah. Love your layered flower and your beautiful colors. Hugs D

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the dimension and the gorgeous colors, Deb! This is absolutely fabulous! :) HUGS and have a fabulous rest of the weekend! Mynn xx

Jacqueline said...

Stunning - love it - Jacqueline xx

Bonnie said...

Your inside sentiment is perfect, Deborah! This is magical! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

sarahstone said...

Hi Deborah! I love the way you made your flower! Very pretty card!

Karren said...

Gorgeous! I love that fun poinsettia and you've used it so well. Fab job on the inside too! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Karen Davis said...

I just love the different colours you have used on your poinsettia it makes such a statement. Love the script trim too. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Ruth M said...

I absolutely love your bright, modern card Deborah - the sentiment really made me smile! Fabulous colours and the dimensional quirky poinsettia is gorgeous! Have a great week! Ruth x

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card love the poinsettia

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!! Love that poinsettia in those daring colors!

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, Deborah! Love your poinsettia! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Deepti said...

Oh my God this is so gorgeous, Lovely layers and unusual colors of poinsettia look awesome

Peanut said...

Christmas isn't right without all that sparkly stuff! Love how you've lifted the poinsettia off the card base! That is so clever, Deborah. Well done!
xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...