Friday 28 March 2014

Bohek effect ....

... Morning all!  It's really dull, grey and wet here this morning, so I've the perfect excuse to stay in my craft room and play - at least for a while!  One of my favourite effects in photography is bokeh - where there is a blur on lights in the background of an image.  I've noticed that people are creating a similar effect in stamping.  Here's a card I made trying for the same effect, not entirely successful, but I like it a lot:

Happy Anniversary - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Winnie & Walter - The Write Stuff: Love Story, The Big, The Bold & You, The Big, The Bold & The Happy, You've Got Love Mail, Big Bang Confetti
Inks: Brilliance - Aurora, Twilight, Peacock; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - London Fog; Stampin' Up! - Real Red
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Vellum; Clear Embossing Powder; Copics; SU Card - Pink Pirouette; SU Marker - Smoky Slate




I used the layout from Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#129 and the inspiration photo from Winnie & Walter's Playdate - W&WPD#1.  To create the bokeh effect I used the a couple of stamps from Big Bang Confetti, inking them up with Brilliance ink which has a lovely shimmer, and echoes the W&W image.  I stamped the journal style heart on to white card in grey and used words from a couple of sets to create the greeting; I added the kisses by hand. I cut out the heart and added a bit of definition to the edge by running a grey Copic around it.  I didn't want to hide the pretty bokeh panel, so I cut a panel of vellum and stamped the sentiment in Versafine and then heat embossed with clear powder.  I ran the vellum through my Xyron to make it self-adhesive, that way you don't see the adhesive!  I finished by adhering the heart with dimensional tape.  On the inside I cut a mat panel of pink and stamped another heart with a greeting.  I've included a close up of the heart to show the pretty colours!

Happy Anniversary detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Anniversary inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The image on the W&W graphic suggested family to me and, as it's our anniversary next month, I though I'd make a card for Jonathan.  We will be celebrating 13 years of marriage on 22nd April!!  The time has simply flown by.  I know I've posted this card early, and I know that Jonathan will see it, but he's terrible at remembering - so this is a BIG hint!!!  That's all for now.  I suppose I'd better get on with ironing - again!  See Ya!!

signature

5 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely anniversary card Debs and a bit different from the norm..I love it

Anne

Pauline said...

That's a love ly sentiment Deb, I love the colours and the stamping on vellum.

Anita in France said...

What's not to love about this, Deborah ... such a gorgeous bubbly bokeh background, wonderful sentiment and a lovely inside! Fabulous! Anita :)

Amy O said...

Love this! What a great stamp to use for an anniversary card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Winnie & Walter said...

What lovely cards, Deborah! Love the use of color and stamps for the challenge! And happy early anniversary. We hope it is your best year together yet!! Thank you so very much for joining in on our first Playdate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...