Tuesday 11 March 2014

Vintage St Paddy ....

...  It's time for the March Waltzingmouse Pajama Party!!!  Yea!  A couple of weeks ago Claire gave us three challenges that we could get ready for today.  They are:
  1. To die for - where Claire wants us to use the Waltzingmouse dies on our project - check back later today for that one!
  2. St Patrick's Day Charm - to make a vintage project with a nod to St Patrick.
  3. What would Mother do? - here Claire wants us to make something in the style that your mother might have made.  She also provided a picture of an egg her Mother had made for her as inspiration.  I'm afraid I didn't get around to this one!
If you want to see what I made for challenge No 1, drop by later when my Addicted to Stamps and More! post goes live.  I have made a card for St Patrick's Day Charm.  It might not be as vintage as some, but I'm pleased with it.

St Paddy's Charm - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Digi Image - St Patrick's Day (Freebie)
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 5 (S4-229) # 5; Lil Inkers - Stitched Squares #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card, Papermania DP - Bookprint; Promarkers


I used the love St Patrick's Day digi image that Claire released a few years ago.  I simply coloured it in with Promarkers and cut it out with the matching Spellbinder die.  I cut a layer of newsprint paper with my stitched square die and adhered it to the card base.  This was really quick and easy to make.  I've kept it quite flat so that it can go in the post easily.  I used the colours from this week's Colour Q - cQc#232 challenge - they are just perfect.

Now, I'm off to get a cup of coffee and then I'm going to check out what everyone has made for Claire's challenges.  See you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

This St. Pat's image looks great against the text Deborah!

LaurieJ said...

I really like the text background with this image. Very vintage!

Claire said...

I do love that St Pat's image Deborah - great idea to combine it with the WMS challenge and that old fashioned newsprint bookprint is the perfect background for the image! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

LeAnne said...

This is lovely...what a striking background as well as a terrific focal point! Thanks for playing with the ColourQ challenge colors this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Deboraha this is wonderful! Love the fabulous label as your focal, great image! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful St. Patrick's Day greeting, Deborah, hope you enjoyed your day! So happy to see you at the colourQ this week, thanks for playing with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...