Wednesday 26 March 2014

Best of luck ....

... Good morning!  This morning's card came about because I've been re-organising how I store my cards.  I used to put them into a large box, but it wasn't working.  So I decided to re-purpose the recipe box that I made last year (and didn't actually put any recipes in) into a card storage box.  It's just the right size for all but the largest cards.  I've made little dividers so that I can easily find cards for specific occasions.  One of the sections that I have is for New Home, but it's empty, so this is what I made:

Best of Luck - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampendous - House & Home; Waltzingmouse - Compact Sentiments
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Pool Party, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral
Dies: Lil' Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #2 & 5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Island Indigo; Brown Twine


It's been a while since I played along with CASology - CAS#88 and Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#34, and, as luck would have it, they have the same theme LUCKY/LUCK.  Did you see what I did there?  Sorry!  I've used the colours from CAS - Colours and Sketches - CASC&S#66.  My best of luck card is for moving into a new home.  I used the stitched rectangle to die cut a white panel and in the centre I embossed a smaller stitched rectangle.  I adhered the white panel to a dark teal mat, leaving a very narrow border.  I stamped the sentiment in dark teal.  I stamped a couple of house keys onto white card, fussy cut them, tied them together with twine and adhered them to the card with dimensional tape.  On the inside I have a mat layer of dark teal and on the white panel a simple greeting and another house key.

Best of Luck inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Yesterday morning I was checking through various challenges and saw, to my huge delight, that I'm the Featured Stamper at The Colour Throwdown with my very CAS birthday card - this one here:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I am thrilled to bits.  I love the clean and simply style of card making and I try very hard to achieve good CAS cards, sometimes it works and sometimes not so much!  But I did it with this one.  I think you could have heard my happy dance around the world :))  I think taking the Clean & Simple 3 class has helped a lot!!   That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

9 comments:

Susan Powell said...

This is really cute!! Love it!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the keys--so fun! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Deepti said...

I like ur idea of sections for cards, and ur card is amazing, I like the embossed frame and congrats on ur featured stamper winning :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

That is great fun!! I am always in need of organizing tips, thanks for that! Super keys and die stitched mats!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week Deborah!

Joyce said...

Fabulous interpretation of the key word. And, your card truly is CAS perfection--so much wonderful white space, a dramatic sentiment, and clear focal point. Great job. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week, and a big Congrats for your feature at Color Throwdown. I remember pinning that card last week.

karen h said...

Great card - great use of the color (and theme)...love the stamping inside too! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Jenni's Jems said...

This is a beautiful CAS card x

Louise van Vuren said...

Love your very CAS new home card using the colours from our challenge this week, Deborah. The inside looks great too. Thanks for playing along with CC&S

Louise xx

Michelle Lupton said...

I love those stitched mats and your keys! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at ATCAS :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...