Wednesday 12 March 2014

Robbie Robot ....

....  Good morning!   My card today has been made for my great-nephew, Xander, who will be 2 years old on Saturday.  And it's going to be a bit late!! Oops!

Robbie Robot - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: My Mind's Eye - Boy Crazy; Waltzingmouse - Mini Pinstripe Background, Compact Sentiments; Uniko Studio - Extra Time
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Marina Mist; SU Markers - Smoky Slate, Marina Mist, Crushed Curry, Copics


I was lucky enough to find this set of stamps at Archivers at their recent closing down sale and I got matching felt shapes too!  I think it's just perfect for a little boy.  I used the layout from this week's CAS(E) this Sketch - CTS#67, the colours from The Paper Players - PP#186 and the theme from Keep it Simple - KIS#35 to use stripes.  I stamped the robot onto white card, coloured it with Copics and then fussy cut it out and ran it through my Xyron to make it self-adhesive.  I stamped the mini pinstripe background in yellow, attached the robot and then cut it to size.  I cut a blue panel the same size and adhered both to the card.  I finished the front with the sentiment and some arrows pointing inside.  On the inside I made a mat layer of more blue design paper and on the white panel I stamped the robot in grey, added some yellow stars and a birthday greeting.  This card is already on its way to the UK, but it's going to be late!!

Robbie Robot inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The last couple of days have been wonderful with mild temperatures and sunshine.  But what a difference today.  Kathryn has a snow day, it's coming down thick and fast, and we're expecting about 8" of snow over the day.  Good thing Jonathan brought his computer home, he can work from here.  Don't think I'm going out at all today.  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

11 comments:

Deepti said...

This is adorable :) love the robot

A Consuming Passion said...

What a great image and as you say, perfect for a boy!
Love how you coloured and cut for your first card Deborah but the second is great too......Just shows what can be achieved with a great image!

Jen W. said...

That robot is adorable! Great coloring and he looks awesome against those stripes! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

stampwithsandy said...

How cute is this?! I love your little robot and fun layout, such a perfect use of the challenge colors. I'm sure your great nephew will love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Deborah!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is adorable! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun card for a two year old - that robot is so cute! love the blue and yellow colors!

jaydee said...

Adorable! I smiled when I saw your card. I love the way you offset the two panels with the sentiment... wonderful. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Deborah, your card is adorable! That robot is too cute. Thanks so much for playing along with my colors this week at the Paper Players! :)

Tanja said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! So much time I was verge to buy this stamp set. your card is so cool! Thank you so much for joining us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!

G Peplow said...

Brilliant!! Love this little robot card :D xx

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!! Thanks for playing at KIS!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...