Saturday 1 March 2014

52CCT - Sketch ....

... Good morning everyone, and welcome to 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  It's the first challenge of March, really!!!  Our hostess this month is Patricia, and, as always, we start the month with a sketch for you to play with, here's my take:

Warm Winter Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - Stunning Snowflakes; Stampin' Up! - Sassy Salutations
Inks: SU - Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party
Dies: Uniko Studio - Snowflakes
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Winter Frost; SU Card - Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party; Silver Card


We still have so much snow around us here that I immediately thought of snowflakes for the sketch.  I used the colours from this week's Merry Monday challenge - MM#97.  I cut a mat layer in dark aqua and cut a panel of pale aqua design paper to layer on top.  I die cut snowflakes in silver and dark and mid aqua card.  I stamped snowflakes onto the card and added a simple sentiment.  I finished off with the stars that came from the centre of the snowflakes.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in pale aqua.  On the white panel I sponged on a solid snowflake using the waste from the large die cut snowflake, I stamped some more snowflakes and finished with a bold sentiment.

Warm Winter Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration using this sketch, check out the cards from the rest of the team.  If you've been playing along since the beginning of January you have made a great start on this year's cards.  If not, now's the time to join in!  That's all for now - see you soon.

signature

21 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fab sketch! I love your snowflakes Deborah - you must be quite an expert on those by now! - and the gorgeous colours you've used. Vicky x

Ruth M said...

Deborah, this is gorgeous! I adore the colours you've used, perfect for a snowflake theme! The inside is stunning too, I love how you sponged inside the negative die cut space and layered the sentiment over the top!
Enjoy your weekend! Ruth x

Peanut said...

So sparkly and festive! I've been eyeing those Uniko Stamps since last year. You've done a brilliant job with them. Have a lovely weekend!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Anonymous said...

Such pretty snowflakes - I can almost feel the frosty chill in the air. And the inside of your card is gorgeous too. Have a great weekend, hugs, Gill x

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card. Love the sparkly snowflakes. Great take on both challenges. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Rosmarie said...

Outside or inside, it is always impeccable! I love the colors and how you worked with this sketch!
Have a nice weekend...
Rosi x

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow - you absolutely nailed that sketch Deborah! Gorgeous frosty card - really love it! Hugs D

Anita in France said...

Such gorgeous, cool and frosty colours, Deborah ... simply lovely! Anita :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

LOVE your take on that sketch! Your silvery diecuts are sooo Beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Lots of pretty snowflakes, Deborah! I especially love the big silver one! Thank you for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Stella said...

So pretty with the snowflakes; the silver one is my favorite. I have a place in my heart for a touch of bling:). And with these colors you can;t go wrong. My faovrite:)
So so pretty!
XX

Anni said...

Wow, what a beautiful effect! Love the inlay die cutting!
Anni

Lesley said...

Stunning card and lovely design, Deborah! Love the big, bold and colourful flakes! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Margaret Moody said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Deborah! I love the different snowflakes you used!

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Deb! Firstly, I wanted to thank you again for telling me about Waltzingmouse. I knew about them, but didn't think about them until you mentioned it and I'm SO excited to get my order...but part of it is back ordered (oddly enough, NOT the new release) so I will be getting a pressie next month, hopefully sooner, from them! :)

Whew, that was long! How's about this card, huh?! LOVE the wintry colors--especially that silver! Super gorgeous, friend! HUGS and have a wonderful week! :) Mynn xx

Katie Melhus said...

Such beautiful snowflakes on your card, Deb! So glad you're playing along this week at Merry Monday!

Fabiola said...

superbes flocons, élégant et chic, biz

Patricia Hays said...

You chose some fantastic colors for your snowflakes! They look terrific! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

Awesome job with the sketch, Deborah. Love your cool blues and silver combo too
Louise xx

Deepti said...

This is so very beautiful :) love those blue snowflakes !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...