Friday 28 February 2014

Coffee and friends .....

.... Hello!  I can't quite believe that it's Friday already!  This week has simply flown by.  This morning's card was made using three challenges:
Coffee & Friends - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Tea Shoppe; Reverse Confetti - Be A Barista
Inks: Crumb Cake, Pistachio Pudding
Dies: Die-namics - Mini Delicate Doilies; Spellbinders - On the Edge (S5-168)
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Crumb Cake; SU Card - Pistachio Pudding; Gold Paper; SU Punch - 1 3/8" Circle; Gold Marker Pen


I cut a mat panels of gold paper and Crumb Cake design paper and adhered them to the card.  I stamped the coffee cups onto white card, punched them out and mounted them onto some mini gold filigree doilies.  To make the sentiment panel I die cut the edge and added the green and white panels.  Before attaching the white card I edged both sides with a hint of gold using a large marker pen.  I finished the front with a simple sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper and finished with a sentiment.

Coffee & Friends inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I do like the layout of Lisa's card, it's very versatile and I had fun with it.  From the FUSION graphic I took the theme of tea cups although, of course, mine are coffee cups!  And I just love the soft, subtle colours that the Just Add Ink DT picked for us this week.

After my visit to the hair dresser yesterday, Jonathan and I headed over to Kathryn's school - it was parent/teacher conferences.  We are both so very proud of our daughter, not only is she a kind, considerate and helpful young lady, but she's very bright too.  It was a delight to meet Kathryn's teachers!  My car is at the auto shop today being fixed.  Somehow I've got a crack in the rear bumper!  No idea how it happened, but I suspect the ice might have something to do with it :)  As I can't leave the house today, I suspect I'll be playing in my craft room.  Bye for now!

signature

18 comments:

Deepti said...

A very sweet n subtle card !!

ThePurplePlace said...

So soft and pretty!! Love how your created this card to work for two different challenges.

Thanks so much for playing along in this week's MUSE challenge and being inspired by the design of my card!!

Happy Crafting,
Lisa

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely card for all these challenges Deborah - cute cups and I love the soft colors!

Christine Blain said...

This is delightful, Deborah! I love the delicate gold doilies behind the cups. You've used the challenge colours so beautifully. Nice to see you play along with us at Just Add Ink! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I like the little gold frames for your coffee cups Deborah and those subtle colours. Your daughter sounds a lovely girl and I love how proud of her you are. Vicky x

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely Deborah! You've incorporated the JAI colours beautifully, the hint of gold peeking out beneath teacups is perfect! Thanks for oining us at Just Add Ink.

Jenni's Jems said...

Lovely card and love the sentiments x

Kristina B. said...

Great take on the muse challenge, this is gorgeous!

Ardyth said...

Love your take on this week's Muse in this soft colour palette! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Patrice said...

Such a lovely card and you've incorporated the JAI colours beautifully with the other challenges you've entered. I love the gold embossing behind your little coffee cups.

Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great way to add the Gold into you project - I love the little star bursts behind each circle. Chantell JAI

Anita in France said...

I love how you've used these delcious soft colours, Deborah ... the gold is especially gorgeous! Lovely quote on the inside! Anita :)

Unknown said...

Really beautiful colors. I love this card. Sweet tea cups!!

Happy Muse Challenge!
Tam
www.cardmakingartists.com

Laura Davis said...

This is lovely!
laura

wienerhoneymooners said...

Deborah, WONDERFUL!!! Coffee warms me everyday!! = LOVE!

Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

Betty said...

Lovely card, Deborah. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.

Lynn said...

Way to rock all of these challenges together! The tea cups are too cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

Pam said...

Beautiful - love the softness of this card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...