Saturday 8 February 2014

Baby card ....

... Hello again - yes, I know three posts in one day!!!  This is a quick post with a sweet little baby card that I've made for a couple of challenges:

Edited to add:  Ardyth has pointed out to me that this is monochromatic pinks and thus falls within the challenge at The Card Concept - CC#3!!!  Do you know, I even had that challenge in my note book and completely forgot to add it, silly me!
You + Me - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compact Sentiments; Lawn Fawn - Science of Love; Amy Tangerine - Aspire; Docrafts - Hand Script Numbers, Hallmark Baby
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo, Real Red, Pink Pirouette; Memento - Grey Flannel; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette; SU DP - Pink Pirouette; Copics; Clear Embossing Powder; SU Markers - Real Red, Pink Pirouette



I've been thinking about the CASology challenge most of the week, trying to come up with something a bit different.  And this morning it came to me - you, me & baby makes three!  So I decided how to get that into a card.  I've used several sets - Lawn Fawn for the "you + me", Amy Tangerine for the ampersand and Docrafts for the baby bear and number.  I stamped the bear directly onto the card and again on design paper, coloured the bear and then adhered the cut out towel.  I stamped the ampersand onto card, heat embossed and then cut it out and attached it to the card with dimensional tape.  I stamped the two word bits directly on the card base and added the equals sign by hand.  On the inside I made a mat layer in pink and stamped a sweet sentiment.

You + Me inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I had a really great time this morning watching the Team Ice Skating competition on NBC sports channel.  It was live and I got to see most of the action.  I really enjoyed the Ice-Dance section and there's more to come this afternoon with the Ladies part of the competition.  Jonathan is down in Ohio attending a photo shoot and Kathryn is off to a friend's birthday party this evening and again tomorrow!  So in between the Olympics I have lots of time to craft - my idea of a perfect weekend!!  That really is all for now - see ya!

signature

14 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Hi, Deborah! I love this take on the cue...very unique and adorable, too! I love the sweet image paired with such cute fonts and dimensional ampersand. Thanks for playing along at CASology!

Ardyth said...

Clever! I love that you went with math, too! How about Monochromatic Pink at the Card Concept, too? Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Claire said...

What a brilliant idea Deborah! Now why didn't I think of that? Such a sweet card and a great way to combine the challenges. Thanks for joining us at Colour Q again!

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your cute baby card Deborah

Anne

Deepti said...

This is awesome :) love the design idea

Pia S said...

Original sentiment and a very sweet CAS card:)

Jen W. said...

A fabulous combo of all three challenges, Deborah, and I adore that little teddy bear! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Sue Lelli said...

DARLING baby card! I am always at a loss for those but this is just DARLING, Deb!

Karen Davis said...

So very cute Deborah. I love the large ampersand. A lovely use of pink. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept.

Stella said...

So sweet and cute. Love the way you use that ampersand and the modern look of this card!
XX

Unknown said...

This is such a clever card...so fun. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept.

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a brilliant idea Deborah and beautiful in pink! I've not had a minute to watch any of this but my daughter has been telling me about a guy who's stolen the show! Vicky x

Geri said...

So glad that you took Ardyth's advice and linked your card up to the Card Concept Challenge!

I love your message...absolute creative genius and waaaaaay beyond cute!!!Fabulous shades of monochramatic pink :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

So utterly adorable Deborah! How cute is that matching sentiment and image? Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...