Wednesday 19 February 2014

TMR - Retirement ....

....  Good morning everyone!  It's time for our new challenge over at The Male Room.  We have some news - from now on we will have a thumbnail display for your submissions using inlinkz.  Our theme this time is "Retirement" - you can make a card, scrapbook layout, 3D project - anything so long as it has a masculine feel and is based on the retirement theme.  Here's my card:

Retirement - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Papermania - It's a Man's World Couch Potato
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Not Quite Navy
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Core'dinations Black Magic; Cuttlebug EF - D'Vine Swirls; Kanban - Fishing


I have some Kanban toppers, a set especially for men, that I got years ago and have hardly used at all.  But they are just perfect to make a retirement card.  I had a selection of images - golf, fishing, darts, music, walking - and I decided on a fishing theme.  I used the layout from CAS - Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#61, except I didn't actually notice the bit about it being non-rectangular!!!  I really should read things more carefully!  However, that's where I got the layout!

I embossed some core'dinations card with swirls, sanded to reveal the blue core - and I think it suggests waves!  I layered the image onto some more core'dinations card and finished the front with a simple, elegant sentiment which I adhered with dimensional tape.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of blue (the reverse side of the core'dinations card), cut a panel of white and added a simple sentiment and another fishing image.

Retirement inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration cards based on the retirement theme, check out the cards from the rest of the team.  You have plenty of time to play along, deadline is Tuesday 4th March, midnight GMT.  Have fun!!

I must say that we had so many fabulous entries for our Valentine theme - it's going to be so, so difficult to pick the Top Three!   See you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome way to personalize a retirement card!

Sue - said...

Great retirement card!

Jacqueline said...

Great male card Deborah - Jacqueline xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Wonderful. That is true retirement. Sun at your back and fishing rod in hand.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Wonderful retirement card and it's personalized! Love this!

Rocky said...

Great card Deborah, love the personal touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...