The class description was a "couple of hours experimenting with rubber stamp ink, paints, pastels, and mica sprays to create layered collage backgrounds for journals, card or scrapbook pages". We were a mixed bunch of seasoned crafters and some newbies, but we all had a ball.
This is the first one I made. I used a mixture of Distress pads, markers, stains, and various other ink pads. I picked three colours - Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn and Seedless Preserves - wiped them onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water and smooched the watercolour paper into the inks. Then I simply added layers of texture with stencils. I made sure to include text, organic and geometric patterns.
This was number two - almost exactly the same background colours, just changed out the purple for Mustard Seed.
This was the last one I made. I was determined to go for colours that I didn't normally use, I had planned on yellows and oranges, but ended up with Barn Door, Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry. I didn't manage to complete this at the class (it was only two hours and we really could have spent the whole afternoon there). I completed it at home by adding the leaves, the silver flowers (with which I wasn't entirely happy) and the black stars.
These pieces all measure 8" × 6", a bit too big for a card and I don't really want to cut them down, so I think I'm going to put them in frames and have them on my craft room wall.
Today I'm off to a Stampin' Up! class at Karin's which will be just as much fun, but perhaps, not quite as messy! I'll post pictures of what we make later. Bye for now!