Wednesday 12 February 2014

Collage with stencils .....

... Good morning.  No card to share this morning, just a few of the collages that I made on Sunday.  I went to a craft class held at Stampeddler (my local craft shop) and run by Valerie Brincheck.  I always enjoy Valerie's classes - we get very inky and have lots of fun.

The class description was a "couple of hours experimenting with rubber stamp ink, paints, pastels, and mica sprays to create layered collage backgrounds for journals, card or scrapbook pages".  We were a mixed bunch of seasoned crafters and some newbies, but we all had a ball.

Unique - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This is the first one I made.  I used a mixture of Distress pads, markers, stains, and various other ink pads.  I picked three colours - Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn and Seedless Preserves - wiped them onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water and smooched the watercolour paper into the inks.  Then I simply added layers of texture with stencils.  I made sure to include text, organic and geometric patterns.

Art is - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This was number two - almost exactly the same background colours, just changed out the purple for Mustard Seed.

Funky, freaky - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This was the last one I made.  I was determined to go for colours that I didn't normally use, I had planned on yellows and oranges, but ended up with Barn Door, Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry.  I didn't manage to complete this at the class (it was only two hours and we really could have spent the whole afternoon there).  I completed it at home by adding the leaves, the silver flowers (with which I wasn't entirely happy) and the black stars.

These pieces all measure 8" × 6", a bit too big for a card and I don't really want to cut them down, so I think I'm going to put them in frames and have them on my craft room wall.

Today I'm off to a Stampin' Up! class at Karin's which will be just as much fun, but perhaps, not quite as messy!  I'll post pictures of what we make later.  Bye for now!

signature

3 comments:

Stella said...

Not only a take on stencils but laso a gorgeous mixed media look ( for me!). Love love love how this turned out!
XX

Deepti said...

wow somebody has been busy creating these amazing art work :) lovely effects!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Deborah and such a beautiful colour palette

Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...