Saturday 8 March 2014

WMSFC/52CCT - Take two ....

...  Hello again!  I've another card to share with you this morning.  Once again it's based on our sketch at Waltzingmouse Fanatics and our colours at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  After I'd finished my earlier card for 52CCT/WMSFC, I made this card:

Sparkly Stuff - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Sewing Box Christmas, Faux Fun; Reverse Confetti - Tinsel 'n' Trim; CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Christmas Carols
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Calypso Coral, Island Indigo; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Cherry Cobbler; Buttons


I think this goes to show just how versatile the colours and the sketch are!  This time I kept it quite clean and reasonably simple.  I stamped the knit pattern twice onto white card and then carefully cut the zig-zag to follow the stitches, attached the kraft stitches to the coral ones and then adhered them to the card.  I stamped the tree onto white card, very, very carefully cut it out and than ran it through the Xyron to make it self-adhesive.  I stamped the tree pot onto some cherry DP and layered it onto the image.  I stamped a really fun sentiment at the top and finished the tree with button baubles!  On the inside I used more of the cherry DP to make a mat and on the white panel I stamped some snowflakes and a sentiment.

Sparkly Stuff inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to the Merry Monday challenge - MM#98 as they want to have country charm with some stitching, yes - although it's faux, and some buttons - yes - lots!  For more inspiration with our sketch check out Tara's card. 

You have plenty of time to play along; the deadline is Thursday 20th March, 5.00pm GMT (that's 1.00pm EDT).  For just this challenge the UK is only 4 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight time, as their clocks don't go forward until 30th March!!!  Looking forward to seeing your creations with our sketch.

I'm having a very crafty weekend.  Last night I was at a Gelli Plate Journal class run by Amy Flowers - I'll share pictures later in the week.  And today, I'm at a couple more of Amy's classes - the first is Watercolour & Rubber Stamps 201 which should really interesting, and then later in the afternoon it's Layer Cake Collage - making a canvas with collage techniques, acrylic paints and pan pastels.  On Sunday, my crafty activity is photography - this has now become a family hobby.  Kathryn has discovered that she likes photography - and she's good!  That's all for now.  Have a good weekend!

signature

15 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Your button tree is just so cute! I love how you were able to combine three challenges with this adorable card. The card inside is very pretty too!
:) Marie

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi deborah I hope you are keeping well, I love this button tree and the stamping!
Kevin xx

Sari said...

Really cute with the knitted background and the buttons, looks so cosy.

Fabiola said...

super chou Deborah! biz

Princess Judy Palmer said...

The stitch/knit background stamp is too cool! I love your stitched tree with all the buttons on it. This is definitely the best creative take on this challenge I've seen. Love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Deb! Love the little button tree!

Karen Day said...

Perfect choice of stamps for the challenges, Deborah! Love the homespun feel to your card :o)

Susan Joyce said...

Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday Deborah. Lovin' your button tree and the paper piercing and stitching on the base, and the knit background add plenty of Country Charm.

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card Deborah, it has a perfect country feel. Thank you joining us for Merry Monday.

Lori Turner said...

Ooooooh Deborah, this is adorable! Love that button tree and that knit background stamp! PERFECT!

Bonnie said...

I love this button tree and the "knitted background"! Another delightful card for your Christmas stash! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Margaret Moody said...

Another great card! I love the knitting pattern background you used and the tree is just perfect for the challenge!

Darnell said...

Whoa, how did I miss this?! Congratulations on the well-deserved HM honor from MM, Deborah! This card is sensational!! Hugs, Darnell

A Consuming Passion said...

Such a sweet card Deborah......Love this one!

Ang said...

Hi Deborah,
Love this card, so cute. I especially like the knitted background.
Ang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...